Made a right mess of my own nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitmore

Reaction score
Hi

I was sat at home last night and decided to push myself........

• First time to put Brisa Gel on my own nails
  • First time, apart from when I done my training, to do pink and whites
  • First time I have sculpted my own nails, only done once on my mom
It took me 4 HOURS! and they look absolutly terrible, so bad that I cant even bring myself to put a piccie on here!

They slope upwards, smile lines are terrible and they are all different in appearance. I have even got lifting on 4 nails already.

So, I want them off but do I do ity now as my fingers are quite sore and Brisa has to be filed off.

Or, do I sit down, when I have got over last night, and have a good file down and try to fix them?

Has anyone else done something this stupid??

xx

Fitting forms to your own nails is damned hard and takes a bit of practice to get it right.
I'd say that the reason your nails are sloping upwards is due to the form not being fitted properly.

Don't do a full removal Emma... do a rebalance, get rid of the lifted product, buff down the shape so it's flatter and add gel where you need to, you've already got the shape of the sidewalls and free edge so the apex and body of the nail would need tweaking a bit... then use Paint On White for your smiles, it's loads easier than sculpting white when you're doing your own nails.

hth's a bit

Thanks Sandi.

I will wait a few days, It done my head in last night!

I shouldn't have really tried to do a hattrick in one night, got a bit carried away I think.

I will take sone pic's tionight and then some of when I have corrected them and then put them in The Critique Corner. YES, That's what I will do.

xx​

I will take sone pic's tionight and then some of when I have corrected them and then put them in The Critique Corner. YES, That's what I will do.
Excellent :D I'll look forward to seeing them.

I know this sounds daft but on my own nails I have taught my other half how to do certain things to help me out. I get him to blend the tips, file the side walls, buff and paint my wrong hand. Its no ideal but I just can't do it myself. Plus he may as well do something to make himself useful!

He's also trained in a good foot massage!

My Mal can blend a tip but it is soooo painful to watch the faces he pulls whilst doing it!

Maybe I could borrow your other half for a full set??

xx

Hmmm. Well, I think I just filed my own finger to bits last night. Got one of my prizes from the Strut comp in the mail yesterday, and had to play. Only willing finger was my own, so I sculped a p/w--and it was so thick and the sidewalls resembled my own ample hips a bit too closely, so I took that new 150-grit and went to town. The enhancement is certainly slimmer, but my poor cuticle got scuffed up, and I filed too much on my sidewalls and they're sore today. Dumb fan-shaped nails! :D And no, I won't be posting a pic of my nail, as it's pants. Ppbbtthh. :)

im 40 mins away and have a slot somewhere down the line on saturday if ya stuck:hug:

Yes...been there done that and regret the filing it off.
Filing is one of the hardest things while training...it's even harder to file your own nails with the wrong hand. I filed too much and had red spots on all my nails :irked: :grr:

Maybe it's best if you file a bit and repair what you can....

Don't forget you see all the little bits that irritate you right now...maybe tomorrow you think...hey this is not that bad and you only have to do minor repairs.

atleast you tried.xxxxxxxxxxx:)

Know the feeling, tried to do my own nails last night as thought I should try and be an advert for my own work. Heck should think if that is my advert my clients will be running screaming from my door!! My 3 year old daughter could do a better job I am sure! Will just have to accept that if I want nice looking nails will have to pay and get someone else to do them, but really hate that when I feel I should be able to do them myself.

Latest posts

Back