Magic Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginahhrose

Reaction score
Went to see the fingernail fixer at Manchester yesterday and she told me how to do them magic addatives, the ones with the white back ground and the multicoloured dots.

Went to do them today and I totally forgot!! Does any one know how to do them??? Please ive been desp to know for ages and now my minds gone blank!!! :( xx

Hi Ginahhrose,

Prep, base coat - cure, two coats of white - cure, brush in your additives, do your dots with top coat over the top, cure for 2 mins, then wipe with disperse then top coat! xx

Hi Ginahhrose,

Prep, base coat - cure, two coats of white - cure, brush in your additives, do your dots with top coat over the top, cure for 2 mins, then wipe with disperse then top coat! xx

Think you have to topcoat over your white then burnish additive into that? Otherwise your base colour (white) isn't completely encapsulated in the topcoat xxx

Do you mean like this?
Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1402820329548.jpg
    1402820329548.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 263
Yep them!!! Thanks will have a look :) xx

Ok, so base coat, 2 cream puff, additive burnished into the inhibition layer & dots of topcoat applied. Cure for 2 mins then wipe with IPA. Then topcoat again. :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks! Tried it yesterday but it went wrong, don't know what I did but I'll have another go tomorow :) thanks guys xx

Just want to confirm that you DO NOT topcoat over the white. Only ask because when I have done this in the past over Blackpool it's been a b#gg$r getting the additive off the Blackpool so I've top coated before. Is it different on the white?
Thanks Vicki x

I've only ever too coated over the whole design ie at the end and not had any problems.

Another geek has done a great youtube tutorial on this design but I can't link to it. It's called Fun with CND Additives by Stephanie Rowlands. Maybe have a look and see if it's any help

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just want to confirm that you DO NOT topcoat over the white. Only ask because when I have done this in the past over Blackpool it's been a b#gg$r getting the additive off the Blackpool so I've top coated before. Is it different on the white?
Thanks Vicki x

You can do either. For my clients that pick I apply additives straight on to the white, black etc do design cure then top coat again. For the rest I top coat then apply additives then do design. Hth

Steph xx

Holly Schippers said in her class that applying a top coat to the white before the additives helps them apply easier (although I haven't tried it myself yet). Obviously it's only making it easier and not essential x

Latest posts

Back