Magis gel foil wraps & Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashastalons

Reaction score
Hi guys recieved my shellac last fri and have been at it all wkend great stuff!
I was just wondering whether using magis gel foil wraps would be as effective as using the cnd wraps?

Just doing some research and thinking of other questions really dont want to repeat what ppl have already asked tho lol.

Cheeers guys:)

Hi guys recieved my shellac last fri and have been at it all wkend great stuff!
I was just wondering whether using magis gel foil wraps would be as effective as using the cnd wraps?

Just doing some research and thinking of other questions really dont want to repeat what ppl have already asked tho lol.

Cheeers guys:)

I haven't used the gel magi wraps, but I did try the l&p ones. They have done the job just as good as shellac wraps. But I personally prefer the Shellac wraps, as they are secure on, clients love it and it they are much trendier than foils.

IMHO:)

I think the shellac ones are great!!!

But I would rather spend a lil less on my disposables and more on great products!

You get nearly 400 more wraps for the same price which is a huge saving!!!

If the magis foils are just as good or nearly as good I will consider using them in the future.

xx

I use the Magis foil wraps for Shellac and I actually find them easier, especially on myself but they dont look as good LOL.

I use both and find the Magis wraps easier on myself too. I've only used them on a few clients but they're quite impressed with them too.

Can anyone explain the difference please between the foil wraps for fingers for gel removal and for L&P removal? I see that there are less in the pack for L&P but yet are more money? Oh and which one would be best for Shellac removal?

Thanks

Thanks for replies I will certainly be putting them on my next order!

Not sure what the difference is with the l+p ones but yeh did notice the price difference of course lol maybe they have thicker cotton wool in lol just a guess???

That is exactly the difference - the pad is thicker to hold more remover for the L&P ones.

i have used both, love the shellac ones, they seem to suck the acetone up when i pour into them, where the magis ones , seem to go all over, although saying all that i am going to order some magis ones, purely for the price difference.

i am currently using soak off bowl method, i think the magis, will save me acetone, look more professional , also free your client to sit back relax maybe read a magazine, maybe have a eyebrow wax etc.

janice

I think both are great. And both work very well. I find the CND wraps are classier looking and more secure feeling and all my prices for removal include the cost of the wraps at the CND price, so money-wise they are all paid for which ever I choose to use so cost actually does not come into my choice.

I tend to use the Magis for toes and the CND wraps for fingers.

Do the magi ones have a pad inside? I always thought they were simply pieces of foil?

I tried the ones specifically for shellac on myself and found it really difficult to secure them properly, so I'll stick to my soak off bowl for now. :)

Do the magi ones have a pad inside? I always thought they were simply pieces of foil?

I tried the ones specifically for shellac on myself and found it really difficult to secure them properly, so I'll stick to my soak off bowl for now. :)

No .. they are not just foil. Each wrap has a sponge adhered inside to hold the resevoir of acetone.

I thought the CND wraps were hard at first touse on myself but after doing it once or twice I had it down to a tee.

Latest posts

Back