magnetic acrylic???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma/tenerife

Reaction score
hi guys,
Can anyone let me know if they have tried the Magnetic brand of acrylic? i was recentley apraoched by a new supplier offering this at a very reasonable price and wondered if it was too good to be true:rolleyes:.I work with only creative acrylic and wanted to know also how they differ.Is there any other good acrylics out there similar to creative?

hello.
I havent tried it myself,but heard only good things about it..and they got a really good instructor david(cant remeber his surname)..

I have trained in Magnetic Prestige Acrylic and I hated it. I trained with Gina Bucilli and she was great, it was the product I hated.

I found that it goes really yellow and lifts like crazy. I asked my mum who is a nail tech to try it and she said the same, I then asked my friend who is a Beuty Therapist and nail tech to try it and she agreed. It was going yellow on all of my clients, I have since moved to NSI Attraction and it is great, no problems at all.

Also, Magnetic have a problem with delivering. If I made an order, it could take ovr a month to arrive due to items not being in stock. I waited 2 months for a foot exfoliator, in the end I asked for a refund.

I really hope this helps you out. I spent so much money with Magnetic and really don't want anyone else to make the same mistake I did.

xx

hi guys,
Can anyone let me know if they have tried the Magnetic brand of acrylic? i was recentley apraoched by a new supplier offering this at a very reasonable price and wondered if it was too good to be true:rolleyes:.I work with only creative acrylic and wanted to know also how they differ.Is there any other good acrylics out there similar to creative?

the only thing i know that magnetic is a dutch brand and they do a lot of training in Holland and when i use to do my nails by a nail technician (before i become one) she use to work with magnetic....xxx

I find the christrio acrylic up there with the best!!!! It is brilliant never lifts n is really easy to file!!!!

And that instructor i thnk tove means is david fowler he had a gorgeous design in the march scratch mag!!

hello.
I havent tried it myself,but heard only good things about it..and they got a really good instructor david(cant remeber his surname)..

That would be David Fowler, he use to be with CND.

Hi, I trained with Magnetic and still use their products. I currently use their traditional liquid (which I love), I have tried prestige and can't say I had any problems with bad lifting or yellowing. I just prefered to use what I trained with in the end.
Good luck with your decision
:hug:

Last edited:
thanks for the info guys,think im gonna stick with cnd after all.Had a chat with geeg and realised that you do get what you pay for!

Hi Natalie (

Eyemunique )

Did it yellow on ALL fingers . I am very interested. thanks hun.

Hi, I'm from the netherlands and worked with magnetic.
I don't think you can compare magnetic with cnd.
Magnetic is a house brand (the do not develop it the just buy and label it).
I found the prestige become very yellow and I hated the smell of it. I now work with opi and love it.
Also the service is much better.

Minette

Hi, I'm from the netherlands and worked with magnetic.
I don't think you can compare magnetic with cnd.
Magnetic is a house brand (the do not develop it the just buy and label it).
I found the prestige become very yellow and I hated the smell of it. I now work with opi and love it.
Also the service is much better.

Minette
sorry to disagree but magnetic is NOT a house brand.. They DO actually develop it and they label it too!!! I visited their head office in Holland last year for 4 days andthey are very much involved with the development of their products .. never had any yellowing ever.. unless someone has been eating chicken tikka masala the night before a rebalance.. Dont understand how someone feels they deliveries take a month- from there- never had that problem either... and if you had- im sure other companies also have situations when they run out of stock too.. but we are all individuals and have differnet preferences- thats just life...

Hi Natalie (

Eyemunique )

Did it yellow on ALL fingers . I am very interested. thanks hun.

Sorry for the late reply.

To be honest with you, it was a while ago and I can't really remember. I do remember it being bad though. I think someone else who posted a reply on this thread had a similar experience.

Latest posts

Back