Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have MAC Face & Body and Illamasqua's skin base in my kit at the moment (and Airbase and OCC for the airbrush). I'm not a massive fan of MAC foundations, but F&B is ok.

Really I would love to have Makeup Forever's HD Foundations, they're my favourite, but they're too pricey and I can't get to london to get my discount in PAM for a while yet.

Guru makeup emporium do MUFE and offer 20% discount and will post items out.

Guru makeup emporium do MUFE and offer 20% discount and will post items out.

Ooh thanks. Will check it out. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Emma Hardie does a fantastic eye product which is the first I've used that doubles for hydrating/ smoothing results on the skin, plus priming.
As we know most products that hydrate the orbital area cause migrating of make-up - but this doesn't....great for mature skin.

Great thread, marking for later.

P.s. Urban Decays 'Naked' palette is amazing!!

I'm on the hunt for a decent new translucent setting powder. Something that doesn't go powdery on the face iykwim!

Not impressed with the few i've tried so far, ok but nothing special, so would love to hear some recommendations!

I use Mac invisible loose powder and BB yellow powder. Also love Bare Escentuals mineral veil x

Oh I've just thought of something else that I would never forget on the bid day - eyeshadow primer. Someone's probably already said it, but eyeshadow primer!

Urban Decay's primer potion is awesome and ELF do a good one as well which works really well for about a tenth of the price. I like MAC's paint pots as well as a primer.

Quick one about this UD primer. Usually use Mac paint pots but got this as so many recommendations.
It seems to "move" the base I've applied underneath and looks uneven when I apply- any tips please x
Eyeshadow does last on top though x

Just marking so i can read through later.....looks like a fab thread xXx

Quick one about this UD primer. Usually use Mac paint pots but got this as so many recommendations.
It seems to "move" the base I've applied underneath and looks uneven when I apply- any tips please x
Eyeshadow does last on top though x
How do you apply? With a brush or finger. I use a brush for paint pot but pat UDPP on with my finger.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

So I've just gone for Benefit Eye Paste to try and hide my own black circles (must drink water not coffee!!!) and MAC Prep n Prime to have a bash with... oh and I have a list of a few hundred quids worth of other stuff I really really really must have !!!

So bad going shopping for make up, so bad! :Scared:

Just temporarily jumping on this thread hope you dont mind as it FAB!

If I was to be offering a full me up range in my Salon but also offering bridal make up do you tend to use the brand you have in the salon or have a separate kit made up of various brands??

Hope that makes sense!!

Just marking so i can read through later.....looks like a fab thread xXx

Me too. Just ordered a load more make-up for my kit, got quite a few brides this year yay.

I just bought the real techniques buffing brush for foundation and have to say its Fantastic . I believe the have a new one coming out soon too.
Best o all they are now in boots and on 3 for 2 just now

i love this thread so thought id bump it up instead of starting my own.

I have been watching alot of pixiwoo videos on youtube to get some ideas for prom makeup, i love them! i've been writing down a few products they use and have noticed some are highstreet brands that you can pick up in boots for £3-10 is this acceptable to use some bits in your kit? obviously mixed with more expensive and professional brands?

I'm on the hunt for a decent new translucent setting powder. Something that doesn't go powdery on the face iykwim!

Not impressed with the few i've tried so far, ok but nothing special, so would love to hear some recommendations!

Ben Nye do a fantastic translucent setting powder :)

I like the dermablend concealer, I have both the wheel and the palette, it's great to have so many different shades and you can mix away to get the perfect one too. I don't use this for under the eyes though, I tend to use Clinique airbrush, it is slightly light reflecting, but also has enough concealer in it to cover up and dark circles, they do this is an few shades, and I think they are definitely worth investing in for your kit.

Also, my favourite foundation brush is a boots No 7 one, I have a couple of MAC foundation brushes, but the No 7 one is my favourite, so I always save this for the Bride!

Hi,
just looking back over this thread- love it!
Please would you let us know where you got your Dermablend concealer wheel?
I've tried the liquid found on myself and was sooooooooooooooo impressed.
I'd love to get the concealers too but want several shades to cover- sorry for the funny! - every skin tone.
Thanks x

Thanks for the replies on brushes ladies. I have a few MAC brushes that I use for myself, but I do find they shed, especially my big blush brush. Have any if you used crown brushes? I was going to stock up on them at the professional beauty show next month, but if they are rubbish I won't bother.

i use crown brushes on myself and loved them to begin with but the foundation im using now doesnt really work well with them but think the foundation is just not suited for my skin!

I would also like to know where to purchase the Dermablend concealer wheel.

Can anyone provide a link?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back