Make up brands?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OasisB&M

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
I'm looking for a new make up brand for my salon that's both affordable and good quality. I mainly do weddings but also prom make ups etc.

Any advice please? Thanks x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I am looking to invest in Jane Iredale but the start up order isn't small. They cover everything I'm looking for. Art deco are fabulous, great range, no minimum order and good retail margins.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Affordable & great quality with regards to makeup don't always come in the same sentence :( but if it's mainly for photographic makeup I'd definitely buy a Graftobian foundation palette (their foundations don't contain SPF so are great for photos). Also make up a palette of neutral eyeshadows (if it's proms/weddings, most people won't want outlandish colours) as it will be your SAVIOUR! I use the MAC palettes & pick my own colours :)

A couple of my MAC staple eyeshadow colours are Shroom - THE holy grail highlight colour, Woodwinked, Wedge (you will use this colour, A LOT) & charcoal brown.

I can highly recommend Jane Iredale. Its great for bridal/photographic and I retail lots of it. The opening order isn't small, but when I did it, I felt that I would never look at another make up brand and wonder if I made the right decision, and I haven't! It's extremely gentle and kind to the skin, so I can confidently recommend and use it on the most sensitive skins.

Vicki x

Thank you everyone. I spoke with Jane Iredale and they were far too expensive for me as a start up package. I've looked at Royal Effem and they seem good.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi im booked on jane iredale course march 21st. They didnt tell me how much kits were. How much approx? Xx:)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek mobile app

I really recommend artdeco for a salon the reps are fab and will bring everything out to you.

Hi im booked on jane iredale course march 21st. They didnt tell me how much kits were. How much approx? Xx:)

Mine was 3k for the make up and show case stand of 100 best selling items. You don't need to purchase the stands but they look attractive if you have a salon. I have mine at home though!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh my im mobile. Do u have to take one that day? Eek xx

Oh my im mobile. Do u have to take one that day? Eek xx

HI, with a PRO Makeup brand like ARTDECO you can buy individual products and build your kit as you go. ( we have fabulous displays and stands for those with a bigger budget or shop based. )

No minimum orders, 3000 products to choose from and the widest and most pigmented colour palette you can find. Geared to bridal makeup as much as film or TV.

See us at PROBEAUTY this weekend, or Scottish Beauty or BeautyUK or UMAE or even PROBEAUTY North where we support all the professionals.

[email protected] 0151 421 1234 for a free demonstration (special savings around show times for PRO's x )

I love Youngblood make up! I have terrible skin and its the only make up I can use, the clients love it too x

I have a few Youngblood pieces and not overwhelmed by it!! I dont find the foundation has enough coverage and the lipstick has a very odd smell. :confused:

I have a rep from young blood coming out next month. I've been looking for a range to use and retail for a while. Not feeling overwhelmed by choice. I'm going to ring Jane Iredale, but will look at royal effem too.

I have a few Youngblood pieces and not overwhelmed by it!! I dont find the foundation has enough coverage and the lipstick has a very odd smell. :confused:

I thought it was good coverage on me but I might just put loads on haha I like Youngblood but everyone has thier own preference x

You need to know what you are using the product for (you advised weddings and proms) then you need to be sure which ever product you choose is suitable to that occasion, without listening to the brands sales pitch. Know your ingredients, do some research.

I've just looked at Youngblood on-line. They have not listed the ingredients for their liquid foundation but their powder foundation contains:

Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica (CI 77019). May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

These are the worst ingredients for photography because they all create flashback. I've not looked at the other brands recommended here, I'm just trying to make a point that you need to know what you want it for then ensure the product is right for the job.

You need to know what you are using the product for (you advised weddings and proms) then you need to be sure which ever product you choose is suitable to that occasion, without listening to the brands sales pitch. Know your ingredients, do some research.

I've just looked at Youngblood on-line. They have not listed the ingredients for their liquid foundation but their powder foundation contains:

Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica (CI 77019). May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

These are the worst ingredients for photography because they all create flashback. I've not looked at the other brands recommended here, I'm just trying to make a point that you need to know what you want it for then ensure the product is right for the job.

Interesting read! I don't use Youngblood anymore.
X

Interesting read! I don't use Youngblood anymore.
X

Bismuth Oxychloride is a know irritant and can cause itchy, dry, flaky, rednes, sensitivity, etc in skin.

You say you have terrible skin but you use this? Is this anything like your skin condition or is it something else as the foundation could be exasperating it?

x

Bismuth Oxychloride is a know irritant and can cause itchy, dry, flaky, rednes, sensitivity, etc in skin.

You say you have terrible skin but you use this? Is this anything like your skin condition or is it something else as the foundation could be exasperating it?

x
Interestingly enough since changing from Youngblood my skin type has changed. From sensitive and flakey to more oily/combination.
Xx

Latest posts

Back