Make up brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gsm

Reaction score
Hi Everyone :)

I recently bought art deco's mineral range
and I don't like the products very much :( I emailed and asked for advice but no reply from them I also asked about there training but again no reply :( I've since typed art deco on here and found they don't seem to reply to many people
anyone done there training or could recommend a better make up range as I can't afford to spend thousands :(but at the same time I want a company that can at least reply and give advice :(

What don't you like about it, so we don't recommend something too similar!

I'm sorry to hear you have forked out for make up and not been happy with it, and am also interested as to why.

I have used Jane Iredale mineral make upfor many years, initially as a sole therapist, and have just bought the best sellers display for my salon and have always been more than happy with it. The opening order is extremely reasonable.

Did you try things out before you shelled out for it? What has happened to make you unhappy, apart from the customer service?

Vicki x

well basically because of where I live I can't get any reps to come to me, so I was away in London and went to one of there counter and tried out some of the make up and asked the girl loads of questions, I just find the make up doesn't hide anything and I'm having to pill it on loads and there eye shadows don't seem to last at all, the base for them goes on really thick I've tired putting it on thin but just doesn't seem to work, I've got a urban decay one now instead but I was wanting to use just one product range I'm starting to think I might try and save up for Jane Iredale I looked into them aswell but got quoted thousands
thanks
G x

I'll pm you what I have been told is the opening order.
If you ever come down the M1, come and have a play - I am an absolute make up lover and would love to show you the range.
I would write to Art Deco - not email - and ask for some support. They occasionally have a rep on here who may be able to help!

Vicki x

Aw thanks that's really nice of you :) thanks I've sent them an emailing so hopefully I'll go to there training :)
Aw Art Deco are rubbish once you buy from them they don't reply I've phoned and half the time I don't get anywhere oh well I'll know better for next time :)
Aw bless I'm the same love make up never had problems before
Thanks for all your help :)
G x

Late response but i have found the same thing. I quite like the make up but items are always out of stock and staff at the liverpool centre are terrible, one in particular called megan has to be theeeee most miserable girl i have ever spoke to, she sounds like shes just woke up whenever i phone and like im bothering her by trying to make an order. No rep ever comes to see me i wouldnt even know who there reps are. Im defo getting rid and going for jane iredale, only wished i taken the advice from fellow geeks months ago

You can apply for a MAC or Bobbi Brown pro membership card which enables you to 25% off orders if your beauty but 35% off orders if your a makeup artist. You just need to send proof of your business etc...I.e business cards/letter head. And they are both a fantastic range! Love BB!
Hope that helps :)

You can apply for a MAC or Bobbi Brown pro membership card which enables you to 25% off orders if your beauty but 35% off orders if your a makeup artist. You just need to send proof of your business etc...I.e business cards/letter head. And they are both a fantastic range! Love BB!
Hope that helps :)

How do you apply for this pro membership do you have to do this in store or on the website? Thanks

Hi, Yeah artdeco are just crap very time I phone I seem to get the same girl lol and she never sounds happy to speak to me either I think us buying from them annoys her lol, I orderd a kit from them four months ago and a few days ago I got another foundation in the post they had forgotten it, I didnt even realise rubbish customer service ! I'm going to slowly bin all there stuff once I build up my make-up more,

You can apply for mac pro by phoning the number on there website and they'll send you an email with all the info I did it a few weeks and you just post on all your info e.g. bussiness cards, leaflets, an invoice, proof your working with make-up and they got back to me within a few days, they always have a live chat on there website if you need help with there products amazing brand :) I got 25% off which is great :)

Sorry to hear your having issues with Art Deco, I nearly took their whole mineral range on, I had a rep (one of their MUA's) come visit my salon but she put me off the range because she did nothing but talk about herself & undermine my salon, saying as I wasn't a huge salon and didn't look busy (bear in mind it was my day off & it was Monday the salon was closed im actually fully booked when I'm open!) I would only need a small counter top display - basically I felt insulted, the h/o lacked salon assistance. I've ended up with Jane Iredale, and I'm so pleased I decided to go with them, I retail everyday, clients love & they can't do enough for my salon - it's worth the initial outlay. Xx

They've been quick enough to post on here and be quite passive aggressive toward me when they've wanted to sell their products!

Oh well at least I know better now, won't go near them again lol
I hope others see this post and don't use them,

I know I've noticed they've posted a lot of here but not on this post yet oh there attiude just loses them business,

ooh mac pro and bobbi brown pro, I going to make contact, thanks people!

Latest posts

Back