Make-up brushes for my course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulieJ

Reaction score
Hi, I need to get some make-up brushes for the beauty therapy course. What do I need to be looking for? How many do I need? Can I get away with a minimal set of brushes that are multi purpose? Thanks in advance.

can anybody help me please? x

Hi I got my set with my makeup kit for my level 2 beauty therapy course. There's 8 or 9 in the set.
Didn't your college give you a kit list?

no, just been told to get some brushes, therefore, a bit confused! :-/ x

I would have a looks t crown brush, they do many sets at all price points and would cover you for makeup for beauty therapy course

How many brushes would I need?

I would just get the basic set probably around 8 brushes and then as your course progresses you can add too it. Most places do a set of brushes with the basics included

Type in make up brushes (sets) on amazon, do some great starter sets at a good price. 9 brushes will do. Also real techniques do brush sets and seperate brushes so could buy a better blending (foundation, stippling) brush an a good blending eyeshadow brush as extras for now then see how far you want to go with your collection... Sigma do reasonable brushes too. Good luck with your course. Exciting times!:lol:

Sigma are good too - don't be swayed with cheap sets though.
They shed hair - horrible and you will end up with loads you don't use or need.
Also Real techniques brushes - sold in boots are great as synthetic so great for creams and powders.

Also Boots no7 brushes are good too - often on offer.
I would say try a No7 Foundation brush and sponge, large brush for powder and bronzer, blush brush. Then a flat eyeshadow brush for laying down colour, small tapered shadow brush for contour, larger tapered fluffy brush to blend. Then get a small brush for applying shadow along lash lines and eyebrows.
It's basics you need til you home your own techniques but that should set you up well. You can also utilise disposables such as cotton buds for eyeshadow along lash line,eyebrow fill in, concealer etc and cotton pads are good for powder - just pat off all excess before pressing on x

Definitely look at Crownbrush, they are very reasonable and good quality. This looks pretty good for a start!

600 12 Piece Set

Salj, have you tried crowns make up... Just had a browse x

Salj, have you tried crowns make up... Just had a browse x

Yes. I have quite a few of the syntho one as i don't use animal hair brushes. They're very good!

Hi is the crown brushes really good? I have been looking at sigma brushes as I have a couple myself and they are lovely but a little expensive!! So any feed back on the crown ones would be really appreciated thanks 😊 x

Any advice would be great thanks!

Crown are great :D A little initial shedding but nothing more than a couple of hairs. I wouldn't recommend the sets though, just get a load of your own which you know you're going to use so you don't end up with loads you don't x

Gulp! I don't really want to do the make up part of the course, it interests me the least, i just want to get that part of the course passed. When I start to offer treatments, I don't think I'll be offering make up. I haven't got a lot of money to spend and Sigma and Crown seem a bit out of my league. Worried now :-(

Gulp! I don't really want to do the make up part of the course, it interests me the least, i just want to get that part of the course passed. When I start to offer treatments, I don't think I'll be offering make up. I haven't got a lot of money to spend and Sigma and Crown seem a bit out of my league. Worried now :-(

When I was a makeup artist I bought my brushes from boots. Real techniques were developed by the girls at Pixxeewoo. They aren't cheap but you can buy them separately and they are really nice for home use after your course. I, like yourself have no interest in the make up part of the industry any more. But it always comes in handy. Xx

Latest posts

Back