Make-up Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ambience

Reaction score
Hello!

Can anyone recommend any good make-up courses?! I covered make-up in my SVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy course but I don't feel it was beneficial!

Hello!

Can anyone recommend any good make-up courses?! I covered make-up in my SVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy course but I don't feel it was beneficial!

I forgot to say! I'm only looking for a short course!

I have found a course which is relevent to what I would like to do but it is expensive! Does anyone know of any courses similar, which are cheaper?! For four days training, I am sure it will be worth the money though! The Special Occasion Make-up and Bridal Make-up courses that Ellisons offer are £150 + VAT each, and these are only one day courses! Media Makeup A professional photographer I used to work for is giving me the opportunity to do his models make-up! This will only be part-time though as I am hoping to open my own Beauty Salon!

Failing the Media course, I would just like a course which covers all aspect of make-up! Day make-up, evening make-up and bridal make-up, most importantly!

Im doing a make up couse at night through my local college.....not sure if your local college does night classes but its worth checking up on, the course im doing lasts 16 weeks and the certificate is a city and guild in providing make up treatments, costs £205

I'm doing a great course but its in Leeds, sorry! But just to say, they are definately out there. you want tuition from a working makeup artist too if you can get it. I find my tutor know lots of tips and tricks from her work that you possibly wouldn't get from a college. hth x x

Im doing a make up couse at night through my local college.....not sure if your local college does night classes but its worth checking up on, the course im doing lasts 16 weeks and the certificate is a city and guild in providing make up treatments, costs £205

That is a course I would be interested in! Sadly, my local college, Borders College, doesn't offer it! I guess it is a course you take in Aberdeen?! I have had a look to see if any of the colleges in Edinburgh offer anything like that, and it doesn't look like they do!

if you have already learnt the basics and are able to get insurance with your qualification, i would highly recommend 1-1 training with a professional makeup artist who works in the particular fields of makeup you are interested in.

i wasted so much money going on different courses trying to improve my skills, then had a 1-1 with a mua who i can honestly say taught me everything i know .. with her advice, i also saved a small fortune on my kit, i cant believe what i was planning to spend - and i probably wouldnt have used half of it!

That is a course I would be interested in! Sadly, my local college, Borders College, doesn't offer it! I guess it is a course you take in Aberdeen?! I have had a look to see if any of the colleges in Edinburgh offer anything like that, and it doesn't look like they do!

I trained with Nathalie Page at Make Up Courses
and can highly recommend her courses. She offers different make-up courses to suit your needs and her classes are very small. You may also find help regarding make-up at Makeup Advice Forum ~ Index

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

if you have already learnt the basics and are able to get insurance with your qualification, i would highly recommend 1-1 training with a professional makeup artist who works in the particular fields of makeup you are interested in.

i wasted so much money going on different courses trying to improve my skills, then had a 1-1 with a mua who i can honestly say taught me everything i know .. with her advice, i also saved a small fortune on my kit, i cant believe what i was planning to spend - and i probably wouldnt have used half of it!

That sounds like a very good idea! How do I go about finding a make-up artist who offers 1-1 training?!

I trained with Nathalie Page at Make Up Courses
and can highly recommend her courses. She offers different make-up courses to suit your needs and her classes are very small. You may also find help regarding make-up at Makeup Advice Forum ~ Index

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Telford is too far for me to go for training!

Thanks for the link to the Makeup Advice Forum! It looks like it will be helpful!

those courses lookamazing!!!

Why cant we have somewhere like that in Scotland!??

Hi, I have just completed a vtct fashion and photographic makeup course at elmwood college in Fife. The course was run as a night class, once a week over six months. The tutor was a professional make up artist with over 25 years industry experience and I learnt so much. The majority of other students had all travelled quite a distance to attend as it was the only college offering something like it.

http://www.smartcommunityfife.org.u...od_college/ElmwoodEve&leisureclassesJan10.pdf

I will be doing my make up course with the beauty academy. Its a one day course which covers day, evening and bridal make up. It costs £195 and you need to purchase a kit to accompany the course. I am sure they offer courses in many differenct locations xx

What course is it as I live in Leeds and am looking for a course ?

I am currentley doing
Fashion and photgraphic make up level 2 ,
at calderdale college, its one night per week and our tutor Pamela clare is a porfessional make up artist, she is really good and she has got us on to doing a fashion show in leeds on bank holiday monday, (3rd of may) as she is the make up co ordinator for the event.
I reccomend this course i think it is about £500 but can be paid monthly etc
Plus while on the course your builidng up your portfolio and she knows alot about the industy and can answer any questions.

the next course will start in september i think, but check out the website where all the details are there.
Hope this has helped.

xx

did you get a course? There's one i'm thinking of doing at college. My I.L.A account will cover the cost. You should get an account with them if you haven't already. www.ilascotland.org £200 a year towards training

That sounds like a very good idea! How do I go about finding a make-up artist who offers 1-1 training?!

I trained with Sam & Nic Chapman on their intensive 5 day course in London. They also offer 1-1 training. www.fashionface.tv

I booked on now at the london muse in london, you can now pay in installments which is great, thanks for the info though.

Latest posts

Back