Make-up demo/lesson - need ideas!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiffany Dawson

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have recently been asked to do a make-up demonstration / lesson type thing at a very well renowned, high class private house for a charity event, this is an "Afternoon tea" set in a very grand house with very high class guests etc. This is a pre-event for the main event which is a ball in November.

I have bascially been told to keep it light and not so formal as an actual "lesson", the theme is "Personal Presentation" which ties in with the main event in November (think ball gowns, lots of glitz and glamour). The guests will be split into 3 groups of 30 and will all be drinking throughout the afternoon, there will also be men within these groups hence why I have to keep the "lesson" quite informal and keep it quite fun.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to structure this make-up "lesson" to keep it informal and to keep everyone happy? I would be 100% comfortable doing an actual straightforward lesson / demo on a look but I am struggling to come up with ideas for this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Tiffany x

This sounds so fun.

I think as a professional, it's easy to forget that a lot of people don't know a lot of things when it comes it makeup.

Even taking the time explaining a bit of basic skin care and how to apply foundation well would be valuable to people. Depending on the length of the lesson you could talk about basic eye and lip product application...something along the lines of "once you've mastered the skincare and foundation aspect, even just a well chosen lip colour and mascara can work wonders" kind of thing.

I was going to say smokey eyes is something a lot of people are always keen to learn but that said I think even basic makeup lessons can be valuable to a lot of people :)

Thanks Laurakate :)

Latest posts

Back