Make-up for male to female trans

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papillion

Reaction score
Hi

I have a client/friend whos nails I do, that is transitioning from male to female, we've been talking about make-up.

Can anyone on here recommmend a foundation and concealers. My make-up is all mineral based and not really heavy enough.

Any one got any experience in this area?

I can only speak from experience as a trans woman myself - where although I haven't had a huge problem with needing to cover beard stubble personally, I've heard of other people having success with brands such as Kryolan Dermacolor - Kryolan Professional Make-up - Dermacolor- Foundation - or Mehron Celebre.

Presumably this would become less of an issue for your client over time, if she is undergoing electrolysis or laser hair removal, or commencing hormone treatment.

I have a couple of trans clients that use Jane Iredale liquid minerals, with a concealer underneath in certain areas if they need. They love this range, find it gives great coverage & has the added bonus of being mineral so doesn't clog the skin. They find this heavy enough for them. I should say though that they've had a fair bit of electrolysis already.

They Kryolan TV Sticks are also very popular with many trans makeover services.

Mat

I have had good results with the new Jane Iredale BB cream with pure pressed over. After about half an hour it all warms into the skin. Absence can also really help to prevent the make up sinking into pores and beard/hair follicles,as well as preventing any oiliness breaking through. Please shout if you need any more info x

Latest posts

Back