make up help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi try using a concealer where you need it, ive just brought art decco into my salon and i love theres- they do 1 that is in a pencil so no risk of getting any germs as you just sharpen it plus they do one like ysl touche eclait. both come in a variety of colours. dust on a little bronzer on the places the sun would catch - forehead, cheeks, chin. rimmel do sunshimmer and they do a light shade.
hth

That's advertising laws for you. It has a tiny amount of minerals in, so they can call it mineral make-up. HOWEVER - some of the ones like this contain all manner of other products, such as chemicals, talc, etc, that make them no better than normal make up. The ones mentioned as good, have virtually nothing in except the minerals, they are very pure.

I have to tell you, I originally tried a mineral make up range that I bought off QVC, absolutely loved the product, but at the time (was a while ago when mineral makeup was very new) it was too orange for me (I'm pale too). When the L'Oreal one came out I was so excited, went and bought it, and I was actually allergic to it:eek: took me 4 days to realise it was that that was making my skin crawl. I chucked it straight away.

There is a range out called Lily Lolo, lots of people are raving about it, it's not too expensive, and they do little tester pots for you to try, I think they're 99p each, so you could get a few without breaking the bank. Go to www.lilylolo.co.uk (the girl on the first page is pale, that's a good sign:green:) I'm gonna order some when I get back off holiday, to give it a go.

I really do like and would reccommend mineral make-up, but many of the store ranges do seem to be tailored away from us really pale people. It also takes a bit of getting used to applying it, but it's worth the time and practise. It's so light on your skin compared to regular make up.

Good luck hun hope you find what you're looking for x

Ooow looks pretty cool to me, may have to give them try myself, when I eventually run out of what seems like enough make up to open my very own Boots :lol:

I am a strawbery blonde with pale skin - I use mineral makeup (fresh minerals) used to use Jane Iredale I love mineral make up and would never go back to traditional make up

Ohhhhh thanks for that, just checked out that site, stuff looks good and I will order a couple of little tester pots to try (how many applications from tester do you get?)....x

The LilyLolo tester pot of foundation lasted me in the region of 3 weeks (wearing it 5 or 6 days a week)!!! The full size one lasted me around 6 months...... Fantasctic value for money and I would not go back to a 'normal' foundation - LilyLolo rocks!!

Also, their eyeshadow lasts all day without creasing or wearing off......

I am a strawbery blonde with pale skin - I use mineral makeup (fresh minerals) used to use Jane Iredale I love mineral make up and would never go back to traditional make up

I'm a strawberry blonde too....:)...what mineral make up are you using now?

The LilyLolo tester pot of foundation lasted me in the region of 3 weeks (wearing it 5 or 6 days a week)!!! The full size one lasted me around 6 months...... Fantasctic value for money and I would not go back to a 'normal' foundation - LilyLolo rocks!!

Also, their eyeshadow lasts all day without creasing or wearing off......

I am gonna order the sample pots on thursday when I get my pay (albeit sick pay!!)...hence the reason I cant afford the pricier ones...what colour do you use? I was gonna get porcelain plus another 1 but not sure if porcelain would be too light??:)

I am gonna order the sample pots on thursday when I get my pay (albeit sick pay!!)...hence the reason I cant afford the pricier ones...what colour do you use? I was gonna get porcelain plus another 1 but not sure if porcelain would be too light??:)

I use Warm Peach, I ordered 2 or 3 different ones and wore a different one each day. I then had time to work out which one looked best over time......

I dont think any peachy colours would suit me...:lol:...I know they say that you should change your colour as you age....but I'm still pretty pale so would need to find something to warm me up a bit....:green:

Hi I know youve found your solution lol but I just thought Id drop in the new range that nicola roberts from girls aloud has brought out. Its called dainty doll and its aimed at specifically pale people, all the colours compliment pale skin etc. Dont use it personally (olive skinned) so dont know if its any good but I think its a very good idea. You can buy it on asos website.

Virgin Vie don't have a large selection in colour tints, especially the tinted moisturizers, so that is probably why it didn't match your skin tone correctly.

Have you tried a moisturizer with a bronzing powder. I have a Clarins bronzer which is not too overpowering and just lifts the paleness and makes me look refreshed with a healthy glow.

Virgin Vie don't have a large selection in colour tints, especially the tinted moisturizers, so that is probably why it didn't match your skin tone correctly.

Have you tried a moisturizer with a bronzing powder. I have a Clarins bronzer which is not too overpowering and just lifts the paleness and makes me look refreshed with a healthy glow.

Hiya...No I haven't tried that, do you mean just use my ordinary moisturiser then bronzing powder on top?...have never treid bronzing powders, always scared they will make me look orange (tango'ed)...:lol:

Hi I know youve found your solution lol but I just thought Id drop in the new range that nicola roberts from girls aloud has brought out. Its called dainty doll and its aimed at specifically pale people, all the colours compliment pale skin etc. Dont use it personally (olive skinned) so dont know if its any good but I think its a very good idea. You can buy it on asos website.

Hi becky...not sure Ive found my solution as yet, but a few ideas I will try!..I will look at Dainty Doll stuff...thanks :)

Hiya...No I haven't tried that, do you mean just use my ordinary moisturiser then bronzing powder on top?...have never treid bronzing powders, always scared they will make me look orange (tango'ed)...:lol:
Yes, moisturizer followed by bronzer. You don't have to look tangoed because then you are either using wrong colour or applying too much bronzer. Just a light dusting. You can make it as heavy or light as you want. HTH.

The Fake Bake Bronzy Babe bronzer doesn't make you look orange (thank goodness!), it just gives you a healthy glow!
Of course, unless you have a decent canvas to work on nothing will look great. How's your skin condition?

The Fake Bake Bronzy Babe bronzer doesn't make you look orange (thank goodness!), it just gives you a healthy glow!
Of course, unless you have a decent canvas to work on nothing will look great. How's your skin condition?[/qu

My skin is in good condition, not dry or greasy or anything, can be sensitive though?

Yes, moisturizer followed by bronzer. You don't have to look tangoed because then you are either using wrong colour or applying too much bronzer. Just a light dusting. You can make it as heavy or light as you want. HTH.

That's the thing Mrs C....getting right colour....:lol:?

Cool!
If it's sensitive make sure you use a decent moisturiser with some SPF in it, or a covering with SPF, and that you don't skimp on the quality of whatever you do decide to put on your face.
I use ID mineral make up too, and I would advise you to wait at least 20 mins after applying your moisturiser before you apply the mineral/bronzer/whatever. It gives the skin time to absorb the cream otherwise your foundation (especially mineral ones) doesn't settle very evenly.

Cool!
If it's sensitive make sure you use a decent moisturiser with some SPF in it, or a covering with SPF, and that you don't skimp on the quality of whatever you do decide to put on your face.
I use ID mineral make up too, and I would advise you to wait at least 20 mins after applying your moisturiser before you apply the mineral/bronzer/whatever. It gives the skin time to absorb the cream otherwise your foundation (especially mineral ones) doesn't settle very evenly.

Thanks for that, will remember to do that when I get round to getting some mineral make up.

Hey redbeauty, I have been using and retailing products from a company called Nutrimetics for over 16 years. Their products are fantastic. I would recommend that you go onto their website www.nutrimetics.co.uk and quote conultant 225515. You can search their website and find out if there are any consultants in that area.
Nutrimetics will not be found in department stores because they give a personal service. Their products are primerily skincare, but they also have make-up, manicures products, pedicure products, hair etc. The consultants go to people's homes and demonstrate the products in front of friends and family. YOU will get a free facial, a free trial of the products and depending on the sales for the evening you will get some gifts. Let me know how you get on. :wink2:

Hey redbeauty, I have been using and retailing products from a company called Nutrimetics for over 16 years. Their products are fantastic. I would recommend that you go onto their website www.nutrimetics.co.uk and quote conultant 225515. You can search their website and find out if there are any consultants in that area.
Nutrimetics will not be found in department stores because they give a personal service. Their products are primerily skincare, but they also have make-up, manicures products, pedicure products, hair etc. The consultants go to people's homes and demonstrate the products in front of friends and family. YOU will get a free facial, a free trial of the products and depending on the sales for the evening you will get some gifts. Let me know how you get on. :wink2:

Thanks for that, I have just filled out the form to see if there is a consultant in my area. Do you know how much it is to join?...thanks:)

Latest posts

Back