Make You Blink Pink

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joblondie

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this? tried it for the first time tonight only applied two thin layers but think it needs a third anyone else find this??

Anyone???? Please

Sorry I don't have this one but I do have a few colours that need 3 thin coats to get a good solid coverage.

Oh thanks for replying its nice to have some reassurance that some do need 3 thin coats

Yep I have it, some of the paler colours deffo need 3! X

I have this colour too and I find it's an incredibly thin consistency and needs at least 3 coats. Quite a few of the paler colours are like this. Just apply really thinly to build up the colour xx

Well I thought that it seems almost watery I thought not much colour to it. It's nice but not my favourite.

Try rolling it in your hands first to loosen any pigment. Some do need three coats, but with Make You Blink I usually find it's alright on shorter nails, but with nails with a long free edge, or extensions, you can see through it slightly when held to the light.
It doesn't bother me on my own nails but some people do prefer three coats.

Laura xx

Well I thought that it seems almost watery I thought not much colour to it. It's nice but not my favourite.

Grab an orange wood stick/ tool and give it a stir might make a difference. Iced one this with a couple of my gelish neons and it has really helped.

Also using a layer of Sheek white or arctic freeze under make you blink pink makes it less opaque and a lot brighter xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397984802.022647.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397984817.204253.jpg

This is 3 thin coats of make you blink pink after I stirred it a bit xx

How funny my make you blink is incredibly thick, it's a horrible colour to work with for me. Must just be different batches I guess, xx

How funny my make you blink is incredibly thick, it's a horrible colour to work with for me. Must just be different batches I guess, xx

Mine it thick and gloopy too xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I sent mine back last summer. It was gloppy and sort of slid around on the nail shrinking away and was patchy after four coats. There is definatly a problem/bad batch with this colour x

I sold mine last week, i hated it :evil: thick, gloopy but yet crappy on coverage. I don't have time to sit there with it between my thunder thighs!

I've got crystal nails neon pink and goes on easier than anything, and christ on a bike it's bright!! (no offence meant to religious people :) )

I've recently bought a few ibd just gels and they are good I'm having it alongside my gelish you can use their base and top. Others on here been doing same as fed up of gloopy faders! X

I've recently bought a few ibd just gels and they are good I'm having it alongside my gelish you can use their base and top. Others on here been doing same as fed up of gloopy faders! X

Same here, just like you i do like my Gelish but i get tired of the colour and consistency problems, thats why I do Crystal Nails too, dont get me wrong crystal nails aint perfect, their application takes a bit of getting used to (whether to use primer, base gel, primer stick etc the list is endless!!) but I love their colours and their effects, plus i have one of their pastel pinks and it's not a fader :)

This colour is one of my favourites & so so popular in summer!! My first ever bottle was thick & gloopy & a nightmare to apply, I sat it in a glass of hot water whilst doing prep work & by the time I came to use it it would be a nice consistency, still 3 coats though as I prefer the look of it. My second bottle is a lovely consistency so different to my first however I still find it needs 3 coats & as someone's already said on this thread on short nails 3 coats is lovely but on longer nails/extensions I use 4!!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398063507.727695.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398063535.961566.jpg

Mines very thick too, its such a popular colour though, I do find its good coverage xx

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh It just must be luck of the draw then as mine is so thin. Going to try more layers next time

Latest posts

Back