Making U tips into stick tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatildasMummy

Reaction score
Hey Geeks!

I’m finding that my stick tips are to bulky so I have to trim the width to fit them in the micro ring, the issue then I am finding is when I come to maintence the stick tips have gone really squishy (it that makes sense) and flat and inthen have to trim them down more to fit them in the ring and if I trimmed them anymore there would be no sick to hold the hair.

What are the stick tips made out of ? My friend rolled her u stips into stick tips and They were lovely and Thin - could I just do this or could it be messy of heat is applied directly to them and the glue melted?

Thanks for your help in advance

They are made out of Italian keratin. You can buy beads or small square discs to melt onto a fusion heating tool and then apply to the bond to remould into the correct shape. You can also buy retipping pliers for converting stick tip into flat-tip/U-tip.

Hey Geeks!

I’m finding that my stick tips are to bulky so I have to trim the width to fit them in the micro ring, the issue then I am finding is when I come to maintence the stick tips have gone really squishy (it that makes sense) and flat and inthen have to trim them down more to fit them in the ring and if I trimmed them anymore there would be no sick to hold the hair.

What are the stick tips made out of ? My friend rolled her u stips into stick tips and They were lovely and Thin - could I just do this or could it be messy of heat is applied directly to them and the glue melted?

Thanks for your help in advance

Hi, I've rolled u tips into stick tip quite a few times, I always cut the U tip bond in Half first and roll, I trim the end off. Rolling I tips is a little tricker but can be done. Heat the bond and roll to distribute the keratin longways so you have a skinner bond, then snip the end off. X

Thanks so much Geeks for your reply.

Is this normal then for stick tips for them to breakdown and be chunky?

The best way ive found convert from u tips to stick tips or to tidy up the stick tips is an old pair of straightners. Clamp and melt. Slide out in reverse and tightly roll. I only really used this when there was little choice in stick tips and bad qualty hair. So used to convert the high quality u tip hair. Now I never have an issue with the stick tip brands I use. All stay solid. I use various micro rings to fit the various brands. I'e only found cheaper brands to go squihy and start to break down x

The best way ive found convert from u tips to stick tips or to tidy up the stick tips is an old pair of straightners. Clamp and melt. Slide out in reverse and tightly roll. I only really used this when there was little choice in stick tips and bad qualty hair. So used to convert the high quality u tip hair. Now I never have an issue with the stick tip brands I use. All stay solid. I use various micro rings to fit the various brands. I'e only found cheaper brands to go squihy and start to break down x
I do it the same way x

Latest posts

Back