Male face shaving rash, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavenly_hel

Reaction score
Hey guys

Couple of questions for you. One of my housemates shaves, exfoliates and moisturises but still comes up with a shaving rash, alot round the nose/mouth area. He splashes his face with cold water too before moisturising.

My boyfriend wet shaves and cannot oisturise after because he gets a shaving rash. I'm trying to get him to moisturise as he gets quite dry skin.

Any suggestions as to what they can do? I told my boyfriend he should also do gentle exfoliation but he ent having any of it lol!

Help pls! x

Hey guys

Couple of questions for you. One of my housemates shaves, exfoliates and moisturises but still comes up with a shaving rash, alot round the nose/mouth area. He splashes his face with cold water too before moisturising.

My boyfriend wet shaves and cannot oisturise after because he gets a shaving rash. I'm trying to get him to moisturise as he gets quite dry skin.

Any suggestions as to what they can do? I told my boyfriend he should also do gentle exfoliation but he ent having any of it lol!

Help pls! x

The ideal solution would be a brilliant product that I found out about and its fantastic for ingrowing hairs, shaving rash...even mild acne. Its called PFB Vanish.

There is a couple of links here: Ingrown Hair - PFB VANISH This one gives you all the technical details of the product.

Hair removal,razor rash,razor bumps,acne,razor bumps,smooth legs,waxing,shaving,electrolysis

It has a proven record... ideal for your house mates problem. :hug:

Hi,

I am hoping I can help your partner resolve an issue expeienced by a lot of men in the UK.

I have a training school that teaches the traditional art of the 'hot towel wet shave' using a cut throat razor, I also have a wealth of experience of male skincare knowledge as I have worked with some of the leading skincare and shavecare companies in the world today.

Your partner is experiencing a rash for a number of reasons;
1. Your advice on using a men's facial scrub 3 times per week may help.
2. If he is not a regular shaver (2 or 3 times per week) then he may have sensitized skin, the fact that he is not allowing his facial skin to get used to having a blade on his face is always a factor, we recommend to all of our clients with a similar problem to up the shave to every other day for the first week then every day at the start of the 2nd week, by the end and going into week 3 he should see and feel a significant difference.
3. I would also recommend a shaving oil to be applied and massaged into the lip and mouth area before then applying gel or foam, the oil will help with the glide of the blade and soak the root hair.

I hope the above helps and you can see more of us at The Shave Doctor.

Good luck.

The Shave Doctor

Or you could just use PFB as mentioned above!! Just roll it on after shaving...simple:) I wont shave without it and never get razor bumps now...no time for skin regimes I am afraid..got 3 kids to get to school!
Lisa my wife says it is also a bikini line saviour...different bottles though :eek:

I totally agree with Jonathan C that PFB Vanish is one of the skincare products that has taken the shaving industry by storm and used with the right shaving technique including hardware and software will improve the skin incredibly especially if you follow the Shave Doctor's 2 week shave regime!!

PFB Vanish is great for taking the heat out of the shave so no more red neck and for treating ingrown hairs, believe it or not nearly 1 in every 2 men in the UK suffer in silence with uncomfortable shaving and coupled with this problem 1 in 2 experience ingrown hairs!!

PFB Vanish ensure it is always to hand....:hug:

I totally agree with Jonathan C that PFB Vanish is one of the skincare products that has taken the shaving industry by storm and used with the right shaving technique including hardware and software will improve the skin incredibly especially if you follow the Shave Doctor's 2 week shave regime!!

PFB Vanish is great for taking the heat out of the shave so no more red neck and for treating ingrown hairs, believe it or not nearly 1 in every 2 men in the UK suffer in silence with uncomfortable shaving and coupled with this problem 1 in 2 experience ingrown hairs!!

PFB Vanish ensure it is always to hand....:hug:

Im amazed that there are not more places that do the old traditional shaving.Is it becoming popular again.I know some of my clients who have had one have loved it.I know there are places in London that still do it but not many overall.Can you still use a cut throat razor.

Last edited:
Im amazesd that there are not more places that do the old traditional shaving.Is it becoming popular again.I know some of my clients who have had one have loved it.I know there are places in London that still do it but not many overall.Can you still use a cut throat razor.
It is changing though, many places in Liverpool now do wet shaves. It is of course a luxury service that tends to be more for special occasions like weddings or that special night out. At £20-25 though it is a great money making oppertunity for and salon or barber shop, plus it adds tremendously to percieved professionalism. We also give free hot toel treatments to good customers, they love it!

I'd love to book my fella in for a professioanl shave. He refuses to shave more than once a week because he gets a shaving rash so most of the time he looks like a hairy monster! :lol:

Jonathan, I know you aren't allowed to advertise but where in Liverpool??

I'd love to book my fella in for a professioanl shave. He refuses to shave more than once a week because he gets a shaving rash so most of the time he looks like a hairy monster! :lol:

Jonathan, I know you aren't allowed to advertise but where in Liverpool??
Hi
We are on Allerton road, Mossley hill, not really advertising, just answering your question.. We could show him the benifits of Marks shaving techniques and PFB vanish for those bumps! I would give him a couple of the PFB mini roll on trial sizes to try at home.
Best if you PM me if you would like an appointment for him or more info on the salon
J

Have PM'd you. :)

Im amazed that there are not more places that do the old traditional shaving.Is it becoming popular again.I know some of my clients who have had one have loved it.I know there are places in London that still do it but not many overall.Can you still use a cut throat razor.

These places are absolutely wonderful to get some male pampering for a change.Maybe old fashioned but does seem to be coming back.Shame a big company hasn't taken these places into multi national male grooming sites where you can nip in get a good shave,eyebrows done,maybe even facial hairs plucked that seem to pop out of ears and noses.Maybe even nails tidied up a bit and at the same time get your shoes shined by some helpful geezer.....all while reading the paper and sipping coffee.I for one would be more than happy to dig deep into the wallet for some quality time out of the rat race.absolute BLISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Latest posts

Back