Male leg wax- same price as ladies?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMA AT ELITE

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am after some quick advice;
I have just booked a new client in for tomorrow (Friday @ 1.30) for a full leg wax & I think it is a male client, the name is not giving me any help either way.
I did ask if they have had waxing before, which they haven't.
Anyway my question to all you male & female waxers is do you charge more for a male full leg compared to a ladies full leg? Or would you charge more if you had this booked in?
I do male waxing on eyebrows, underarms, back, chest, upperarms & buttocks which I charge the same price, but have not done a male leg wax in years, so a bit unsure on the price.
I charge £18 for a full leg.
My gut instinct is to charge more maybe £22/ £25 but would really appreciate your advice.
Thank you x

I charge more for guys leg waxing - womens are a lot quicker and easier then a gorilla guys!

Hi Emma

I charge the same price as i do a women. I have a guy who comes in once a month and do full leg and buttocks so charge for a full leg and bikini.

Kirsty

Mens legs are hairier so charge at least £30 (I charge £40). xx

Thank you for you quick replies that makes me feel loads better. I will definitely charge more (confidently) now. When I spoke to the client earlier they asked how much a full leg wax was, so I said £18, I didn't want to offend them by asking if they were a man or women, so if a male turns up tomorrow I will just say before I start, I didn't realise you were a male on the phone & the male waxing is more.
It could just be a lady with a deeper voice!
Most male clients I have had before say.... "Do you do body massage/ waxing/ buttock waxing on men" first before they book an appointment.... So left me a little unsure with the conversation :(

Kim- hope you are well, I will be in touch soon for my eyebrow top up. Been referring lots of male intimate waxes so hopefully they have made their way over xxx

Even though they are hairier it doesnt take more wax? Would you charge more for a lady with larger legs? Would you charge less for a lady with really small legs?

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Some people do offer a sliding pricing scale. For me I average it out, I find it easier with a fixed pricing list. Clients know how much they are going to pay. It's like buying a pair of trousers - the person buying 38" pair gets better value then the person buying a 28" pair because the 38" person gets more material and workmanship for the same price. You don't expect to pay less for being thinner or more for being fatter.

Personally I'd charge the same price...I've had ladies with very hairy legs and not said that I've gotta charge extra cos their hairyer...if that's even a word. I do many leg waxes for ladies with not very much hair at all so it all equals itself out in the end x
Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Yes I charge more for waxing a mans legs. You use more strips and it takes longer so definitely charge more.
I charge £22 for a full leg wax for females and £27 for men.

Even though they are hairier it doesnt take more wax? Would you charge more for a lady with larger legs? Would you charge less for a lady with really small legs?

Hairdressers often charge men less. You could use more wax depending on the thickness of the hair. I charge more because it's a fact that generally speaking, mens leg hair covers every part of the leg, unlike women's where it doesn't cover every single part. It's not a sexist thing……..it's a business thing.

Thank you for you quick replies that makes me feel loads better. I will definitely charge more (confidently) now. When I spoke to the client earlier they asked how much a full leg wax was, so I said £18, I didn't want to offend them by asking if they were a man or women, so if a male turns up tomorrow I will just say before I start, I didn't realise you were a male on the phone & the male waxing is more.
It could just be a lady with a deeper voice!
Most male clients I have had before say.... "Do you do body massage/ waxing/ buttock waxing on men" first before they book an appointment.... So left me a little unsure with the conversation :(

Kim- hope you are well, I will be in touch soon for my eyebrow top up. Been referring lots of male intimate waxes so hopefully they have made their way over xxx
Ha ha. Emma!!!! You can't say that to him. If you've quoted £18, charge that but charge more in future. If you have their number, call them in the morning to say it will be more but don't let them turn up and tell them as they may be coming to you because you're cheap and they can't afford more.

I'll look forward to seeing you Emma. Lunch again? Thanks for the referrals. xx

I totally understand why you charge more and that men have more hair were as like you said women tend to have less like on the top of the leg but you wouldnt not wax a section of a womans leg because it didnt look like it had any hair. If some one comes for a full leg wax you wax all of there leg.

I just have my price no matter what size or shape the legs are thats the price! Maybe when you get your price lists reprinted you should think about bumping up your leg wax price so its just one for all rather then tit for tat and its more clearer so your not quoting one price then telling them a different one.

How quick is a gents cut though 15 mins most 30mins? Most dont have it washes or blowdried (water/electricity) ive got super thick hair and take an hour and a half to wash cut and blow so yeh i think a guy that has a quick clipper cut should pay less.

Were as legs are legs and ive waxed some big legs and i wouldnt dream of telling someone 'well that and extra £10 because youve got bigger legs! ' ive waxed some ladies legs that are hairier then mens!! But each to our own, we all run our business our own way and thats what makes them special! X

30% of my clients are men and I've never had a woman that had hairier legs than men.
Men take longer to do, they use more product and generally have a larger surface area to wax.
With regards to hair, we charge £16 for a mens wash, cut and blow-dry whereas for a ladies wash cut and blow dry it's £26.50.
Now we've had gents in that have had more hair than women but they have always had cheaper cuts than women so it's about time they paid more for something!
Seriously though, it's your time that is important and it takes longer to wax a mans legs so you really should charge more.

Thank you for all your replies, some good points made.
Yes, I didn't think about it like that, guess I will have to charge £18 this time, then add on to the website/ leaflets a men's waxing section.
Kim - Lunch would be lovely, look forward to it x

I have just been debating this one today, with all the services in general but as I have been updating my waxing services I thought I would have a look to see when it had been discussed recently and found Emma's thread.

I personally would charge a guy more generally as they are hairier and it is harder work if you have to trim etc. but I was reading recently about some "guy' suing because he was being charged more than a woman to have a treatment done and wondered if we had a point or is the world just going pc mad.

Last edited:
I offer a flexible pricing tariff; so that I can charge the correct amount per client. I do offer male waxing but some men have much hairer areas than others so the flexibility makes it more fair for the client and means I charge accordingly.

Jack

Latest posts

Back