male manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julie.castle3

Reaction score
hi i was wondering whether anyone has any tips on doing a manicure on a man that is getting married in june, he is a mechanic, he has dirty greasy hands, any ideas as to getting rid of the grease that is grimmed into his hands?

Maybe a warm oil manicure and then into heated mitts, followed by a scrub (make sure you get one with lots of beads in it.)

Or a paraffin wax manicure into heated mitts followed by the scrub.

The warmth will open up the pores of the skin allowing the scrub to be able to really get to work.

HTH.

Maybe a warm oil manicure and then into heated mitts, followed by a scrub (make sure you get one with lots of beads in it.)

Or a paraffin wax manicure into heated mitts followed by the scrub.

The warmth will open up the pores of the skin allowing the scrub to be able to really get to work.

HTH.

I agree, paraffin wax or heated mitts with lots of cream would be a great treatment for him.

I would get him started on a homecare routine to. Get him using a hand exfoliator & a good hand cream. If he doesn't want anything to fragrant ClarinsMen do a good hand cream.

Yes, I think the homecare routine is most important with loads of exfoliation. The One Minute Manicure with salt and oils is wonderful with peppermint and rosemary so not too feminine-smelling and works brilliantly on hands and feet. This actually does the 2 jobs in one.

Juliette (the other one!)

There was an article in Feb Scratch that said a bride should start having weekly manicures 6 months before her wedding - dont see why the groom cant do the same if he is up for it.

Definately get him to use homecare products inbetween appointments though as his hands will be exposed to these conditions every single day.

there was an artical in one of the nail mags last year about mens enhancements i`ll have a look then let you know which one, the guy had them done for his wedding, they looked great:)

Good thread my hubbys hands are bad,hes a cable jointer so get compound/grease in them.I gave him a manicure with a scrub but it was still there but looked a little better.Iv just bought a paraffin wax machine today so what do i do give him mani first then dip in parrafin then in mitts plz?? any tips would be great on the steps i need to follow to do this.
Good thread Julie xxx

trouble is with this guy being a mechanic he will probably work till the last minute and all your good work is going to waste. Try and get him to wear gloves for the last week and blast him with solar manicure then oil his hands and any calluses use cutcicle remover on them and put in heated mitts, soak off and see what happens but i can see you having to use a footfile on those stubborn areas and maybe even some sea serum, sounds harsh but ingrained grease is a bugger to remove.

Latest posts

Back