Male massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive always had a female only policy, if people ask why i just say that i have very sensitive hands and the feel of hair when massaging makes my teeth curl, which is true, i have done men in the past, but only if their partners or known client have booked or reccommended them, and they are not random calls, that being said, a colleegue of mine many moons ago when i was working in a salon, was massaging a regular ladies husbands back which she was in the waiting room, he let his hand drop and started rubbing against the therapists crotch, she abruptly stopped treatment, walked out the room and got our boss who told him to get dressed, in the waiting room she calmly said please dont come back to both of them, the wife was, whats happened, whats happened, boss said ask your husband and walked off, im sure he had a lot of explaining to do on way home.....

Funnily enough @Taraki it has crossed my mind in the past that someone might do that. We had a husband and wife come together for treatments and we talked over what we would do. We actually practised it - terms we'd use, opening doors, asking people to leave immediately etc.

There was a geek on here who had regularly done an older male client with no problems. After his wife had died he asked the therapist for a happy ending, although in all previous occasions his behaviour had been exemplary!

Vic x

I would like to know everyone's policy on male massage please.
I myself am not comfortable massaging men I do not know and am starting a new female only policy unless they're a gentleman I know.
Am I stupid?
I feel like you're going to answer yes.
I would just really appreciate feedback from the rest of you x

I've had to come to (what for me) is a difficult decision to refuse men unless they're referred by a current female client. I've done male massage for years thinking they genuinely need this treatment and they're not accepted at all salons. But over a period of 2 years I've had a string of various men who've been dodgy. One sends me rude texts which I ignore. Another wanted to go naked without towels! I've had weird phone calls from men in their cars, plus more stories! It makes me wish I'd not started taking unknown men. You do what you feel is right for your business. If your decision makes you happy, then it will work for you.
Oh I have a similar problem as I also work and do massage at the weekends to build up my clients. I have met some wonderful male clients and others...well just not gentlemen at all! I mostly do Indian Head on male clients and this has been better as most complain about stiff necks and problem shoulders. I have also had male clients who I politely asked to leave. when I do receive a call asking for a massage and I ask that undergarments are worn, when asked they prefer going naked I simply state that this not exceptable. Anyone that is genuine don't have a problem and see the massage as its for their well being. Sadly, I am trying to build up clients slowly some have been referred and this is always best! I have had unfortunate events happen lately and have had to stop doing massage but hope to start again.

Latest posts

Back