Male waxing and clippering

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angie555

Reaction score
Hi. My male clientelle is increasing I am pleased to say. However, I would like to hear how others of you go about the process of clipping hair. At present I clipper whilst they are on my couch but then have a problem disposing of the clipped hair especially as I use oil on skin rather than talc and loose ones stick like crazy. What does everyone else do? Clipper them standing up and sweep the floor?? Help please as I have a really hairy client due on Saturday for his first session and I know he wants a full body wax. Any tips would be really appreciated. Angie

Hiya Anjie

I personally clipper them standing up on a towel. That way I can just pick the towel up and i'm not having to sweep whilst they are waiting for their wax! Failing that you could put some couch roll on the floor and get them to stand on that?

I then give them a good brush off with another piece of couch roll and ask them to also brush themselves down whilst still standing on the towel and then apply oil afterwards. You will always get some strays but it does keep it down.

I've not been going that long but this seems to work for me!

HTH
Sara

I'm a bit confused! If he's in for a full body wax - you'll pick up all the stray clippered hairs on the strips - surely?

You're only going to get into trouble if he only has one bit clippered and one bit waxed - then he'll need a tepid shower.

tbh - I don't see how this is avoidable - but none of my combo customers mind. As blokes we mostly all have the same problem anyway when we've been to the barbers!

J.

I trim while they are lying down. Brush with couch roll then get them to stand up and dispose if the couch roll. Then when all clipping us done I then turn the base towel over as some hairs will have been blown onto the towel.

Mat

It depends what part needs clippering. Legs, upper torso i tend to do standing up on couch roll. Intimate areas i do whilst they are laying down. I remove the couch roll before waxing

Thanks to all of you for your practical suggestions. I really appreciate them and they will certainly help me.

Latest posts

Back