Marketing & getting yourself out there.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sktanning

Reaction score
Hi.
Does anyone have any advise for getting bookings. I am just about to launch doing mobile spray tanning. Ive set a website up, registered on a few of the free websites, set up a facebook page but not had a peep.
Is it worth doing some posters to be put up locally or flyers?
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Hey hun your heading in the right direction, but it wont happen overnight. Unfortuantly bookings don't start flooding in straight away , ive been going 12 months and im still not getting the bookings i would love.

I used to do leaflets but got zero come back. Now i use all the free online advertising , occasional i pay for ad mag and ad trader.
Hook up with other local businesses and exchange business cards.
I find giving a handful of business cards to existing clients help as they circulate thru friends.

Gum tree works well for me. Facebook however was a very slow burner , but last few months its really picked up on there so its something you have to be consistent with and really work at, make sure your updating regular. but not too much asyou dont want people to get sick............but they still need to know your there.

I find setting face book as a profile rather than a like page works better for me, others will disagree that like page is better..........personal preference really.

Word of mouth is really effective , but again takes time to circulate.
My best tip is to be consistent and deliver good customer service to your clients........building a lasting relationship with them is the foundation of a ever growing business......as they come back again ad again and then there friends and family catch on.

Its like a growing tree, eventually it will branch out and get busier but it does take time. Even established businesses find it hard in January its a tough time of year so dont be disheartened,keep pluggging youll soon see a raise in bookings come feb HTH

Try tanning a friend or a relative who will tell a friend and so on and so on! Leaflet drops in boutiques offer the owner a free tan for advertising etc?
Get a friend to host a spray tan party?

Try tanning a friend or a relative who will tell a friend and so on and so on! Leaflet drops in boutiques offer the owner a free tan for advertising etc?
Get a friend to host a spray tan party?

Great advice from Princess Layla. If you can start off by tanning some friends word will soon get out once they realise how fantastic it is. You can't beat word of mouth and best of all its free!

Hi,

Please pm me for some very worthwhile tips on how to target 'high quality' 'pre-qualified' and 'motivated' leads for your business.

Regards

Darren

i can i be cheeky to darren for some ideas :) ?

Hi I made flyer design and posted to all students in accomodation. Easy to post in some blocks as all have small letter box in groups :)

When student started university and college in september I made a large number of bookings. Word of mouth made me then good profit as all friends needed my tan. You are needed to stop beers money and get for tans :)

Also good advice. Make t-shirt for tan and ask me on reverse. I have been suprised in supermarket when peoples have requested from me.

Hoping this is helpful.

Adriana X

Hi,

Please pm me for some very worthwhile tips on how to target 'high quality' 'pre-qualified' and 'motivated' leads for your business.

Regards

Darren

Can you pm me as well :) x

Hi,

Regards

Darren

Can I also join in Darren? Thanks:)

And me please Darren x

Hello Darren! Could I as well? (bet you wish you never asked now! Lol)

can i be cheeky and join in to plz darren xxx

Think I might be pushing it but Id love a bit of advice as well Darren :)

If Darren's tips were that worthwhile, then why not post them?
Looks like spam to me....

Hi could you send me the info thanks

My thoughts exactly! :lol:

Exactly...be wary guys!

Exactly.. I've posted some marketing tips on our blog, like using SMS, emails, location-based services.. and they're freely available to all (I work for a software company that provides salon / spa systems, but the blog is more about what interests our users rather than trying to sell software).

Latest posts

Back