Marketing within your salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SalonWingman

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive had this idea for a few years now and only recently have had the opportunity to trial it - was just wondering if anyone else does it.

Digital signage advertising - obviously you have a captured market (they are sat in a seat and bored so they read anything that's put in front of them) rent out an advertising space for £2 a week and bobs ya uncle fannys your aunt.

As they say it pays to advertise.... So does anyone do this? Or message me if you have further questions :)

I don't do it but a local business friend does, she charges £10 a week tho

Does she design the articles herself or get the client to submit them?

This is the same concept of Amscreen. One of Lord Sugar's businesses where they have screens in petrol station counters and doctors surgeries around the country and you rent the space. Different is they have metrics such as eye detection to tell how many people have actually seen it.

In theory it could work.

True, although my original plan was (and I thought about this years ago but never implemented it) was to have it in salons and gyms whereby you have a static audience i.e someone who is sat on a chair or on running on a treadmill so its almost guaranteed they will see it rather than the 99.99% chance someone will glance at it in a petrol station.

Maybe I should have taken this idea to dragons den?!

The clients submit the designs and she uploads them on loop, the doctors has them too :) it's fab marketing but not so sure a hairdressers is the best place, I don't keep my clients waiting around in reception & we have magazines for those who don't want to chat while their colours taking (most do love to chat tho lol)

True, although my original plan was (and I thought about this years ago but never implemented it) was to have it in salons and gyms whereby you have a static audience i.e someone who is sat on a chair or on running on a treadmill so its almost guaranteed they will see it rather than the 99.99% chance someone will glance at it in a petrol station.

Maybe I should have taken this idea to dragons den?!
I don't think clients will sit and stare at adverts and gyms provide entertainment to the users. Not ads. IE treadmills nowadays have music, tv etc all built in.

Latest posts

Back