Marriage proposals?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachybaby

Reaction score
I have recently got engaged and am planning my wedding, but my fella didn't propose. We've been together four years have a two year old and no mention of marriage. So I kept hinting and eventually turned to pestering, and then even said I don't want a proposal, lets just book it.

So I got ' shall we get a new car or get married?'

Has any girl on the planet had the proposal they've always dreamt of?

babe you sound like me!!! iv been with my man for 4 years and have a 3 year old together........we recently had a talk about either having another baby or getting a new car or getting married.........i picked the car so im now the owner of my own peugeot 307 :) keep us posted on the desicion babe xx

I havent had a proposal either!!!

Well, I am still waiting... for the proper one!

Had 2 proposals actually, the first was very early.. like 2 months into the relationship.. I said yes and hugged him but we never went and got a ring or anything and the thought just faded I suppose.
The second, he was drunk, we were on holiday, visiting my mum in Lanzarote. Getting ready for bed, he proposed again. (this was 1 year into our relationship) I asked where the ring was, joking and saying he hadnt planned this 'proposal' yet again, and he called me materialistic!! :eek: We had a big arguement and it has never been mentioned since. I hint and he says things to wind me up, but thats it.

I wonder if it will ever happen 'properly' for me? :lol:

I told my hubby straight from the start that i would never marry him.. it was a once bitten twice shy thing, but as you can read he is now my hubby and i think i asked him:rolleyes::rolleyes: or did we just kind of do it together. i dont know so long ago now...

oh he did joke within two weeks we would be together for the rest of our lives and even gave me the ring to prove it.. 12 weeks into the relationship i fell pregnant and two yrs later we got marrried, even though everyone told us it would never work..

still madly in love with him and get that butterflies in the tummy when he comes home from work or even smiles at me..

I was hating my boss at the time that I was on the ship and my hubby was at home. While on MSN one night I asked him if he saw a future with us and somehow at the end of the conversation I had proposed and he had accepted. 8 weeks later when he rejoined the ship on the first night he went down on his knee and asked me to marry him... and of course I said yes.
A few months later when he went down to South Africa to meet the family he formally asked my dad for my hand in marriage...

Fairytale to me...

I chose the wedding, and his face was a picture! See I am car mad and he was probably thinking thats what I'd choose, ha ha!!

I acted so cool and said ' a wedding would be great, I'll get looking then shall I?' He said 'yeak ok' then I ran to the loo and did a silent scream and dance!!

Within a week I had the hotel booked and had already started to bore people with talk of flowers, cakes etc. I'm so excited, I can't wait to say 'my husband'.

Talking to people though has scared me, one girl spent 18 grand! She wore a pink glitter dress and had a castle for a cake!!!!

so whens the big day?:)

my hubby didnt propose we were just talking and it sore of came about, that was in the november, we got officialy engaged on christmas day 02 and got married 22 march 03, we had only been together 6 months when we got married but had known eachother 8 years as he is my best friends brother, (me and my friend both now have the same name TRACY JUDEN gets confusing, lol)
i didnt get the proposal of my dreams but i did get the man of my dreams and thats what counts:)

Saturday 6th October 2007, a civil ceremony in a hotel. Have booked a string quartet, magician, rat pack singer and dj! Want to entertain my guests not bore them!!!!

No my old man bought me a frying pan and i was so impressed i chucked it on the floor where he had to retrieve the ring , did he think i would be impressed with a frying pan should ahve seen that as a sign of things to come lol x

My H2b proposed to me at his first ever gig with the new band he was in - it was a TOTAL suprise and he had chosen the ring himself and everything.

Half way through the gig he said 'i've got an announcement to make after the next song' and i was like (bit drunk at this point) 'oooo wonder what that is cos he hasnt told me about it' then, he got down on one knee in front of the whole pub and produced the ring and asked me - everyone cheered!

It was a dream really, so sweet that he planned it all himself and most people knew apart from me!!!

We are getting married 23rd June next year - can't wait! :hug:

Well I got Married last September and my Husband proposed the previous July (2004)
He is such a romantic he booked a weekend away in london, I knew about it. (I thought we were going to stay with friends) Unbeknown to me he had only gone and booked the blimin' Hilton on Park Lane!! We had dinner in the windows restaurant on the thop floor of the hotel the same night and that's when he did it!! My ring came out on the petit-four plate at the end of the meal and the manager said "Something for you madam?" all I could think was how full up I was, Well I looked down and saw this little box which was turquoise with a white ribbon - (can anyone guess where it's from!!!???) anyway blubbed my eyes out bigtime, especially when he got down on one knee and everyone applauded. It was like a movie couldn't of been better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have recently got engaged and am planning my wedding, but my fella didn't propose. We've been together four years have a two year old and no mention of marriage. So I kept hinting and eventually turned to pestering, and then even said I don't want a proposal, lets just book it.

So I got ' shall we get a new car or get married?'

Has any girl on the planet had the proposal they've always dreamt of?

Not yet:lol:

my man asked my kids 1st before he proposed to me on christmas day
then he gave me my present and got on 1 knee before i opened it and said will you marry me baby
so the date is sept 1st next year cant wait

Latest posts

Back