Mary Reid, Edinburgh

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bourbonsbabe

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just about to sign up for this ITEC course and was just looking if anyone else has been to Mary Reid and would recommend it. Its quite a financial commitment which is fine if I am going to obtain a meaningul qualification as a foundation for my new career!!!

Not sure about what course you are doing, but Mary Reid College in Edinburgh has a first class reputation, and anyone I have trained who had attended there really knew their stuff.

Thanks Isabel. I am enrolling to do the evening beauty therapy course which lasts a year. It seems quite intensive and as above is quite expensive. I am really excited about changing my direction (currently work in a boring office) but nervous because of my age (35), credit crisis and also wasn't sure of the colleges rep but seems good.

I trained at Mary Reid seven years ago, I am glad I did it and my tutors were really good. It was expensive but i did it full time so it ment i was only out of work for a years and got a job after 6 months to get experience.

Im not sure it still has as good a reputation as it did, just from things I have heard, but that could just be gossip from ex-students, so dont take my word for it as I believe i got a good education from there for the basics, but I still keep training and as a few people on here will know am a bit of a course junkie. As i feel that you can always learn something knew.

I enjoyed it there, but it was hard work and dont worry about your age I was 19 when I went but I was the youngest in my intake and there were a lot of people there changing career at 40 or 50.

Hope this helps and good luck!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back