Massage partner in North West Wanted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheshire Guy

Reaction score
Hi,

I would love to learn more about the art of massage. I feel a bit "old" to go and learn in college, with a load of 18 year old girls so I was wondering if there was anybody out there in the North West Area would would be keen to do a massage swop bearing in mind I would be just learning.

I am a professional guy of 45, and I can host the massage (but no table ! ) or if convenient I can come to you.

I am very genuine, honest and respectable....just really looking for a new hobby in life...

I do hope there is someone out there who would be willing to help.

John :hug:

Last edited:
I think you'd have to go to college to learn massage, how can you learn it without knowing what movements etc there are? I'm not an 18 year old girl, 33 in fact and am starting college tomorrow to learn this.

I strongly suggest giving local colleges a ring, I doubt if anyone would want to swop if you haven't got any training or background as they'd end up being the teacher which isn't that beneficial to someone wanting to relax.

Sorry if I sound harsh just been in the industry a long time and think training is the key.

hmmmm, I get the impression that you don't want to learn, you want to receive a massage. why not just book into a reputable salon/holistic centre for a massage?

Hippy Chick

I am disappointed with your reply and my advert clearly states that I want to LEARN massage so I am not sure why you have interpreted it in this way. Probably because I am male..........:cry:

i really dpnt think hippy chicks reply has ANYTHING to do with you being male....

you would probasbly bre very surprised by the amount of 18 year olds at college, most student at my college are "mature" learners!

especially in the beauty dept.

why not go along to an open day?
:)

If you were doing a full time course i would say you may well be in a class with lots of young women but evening classes are mostly people much older and either adding to their skills or hoping to start new careers.
Most colleges also do short recreational courses and these would also more likely be older people.
If you just want to learn a brief technique and you are not going to be doing it as a business there are videos and books that will give you a good idea,loads of clips on you tube and if you have lots of massages yourself you will get a good feel on how to do it yourself.

I don't think it is because you are male. Reading through your other posts people on here would get the impression that you are solely looking for a massage. It's the way you have worded your posts :)

I hate it when men get a raw deal and are treated like pervs solely because they are male, but i responded to another post of yours asking why you gave so much information when you just wanted a massage. The way you word your requests doesn't help i'm afraid.

As for going to college, a lot of older people attend now and it's not full of 18 year olds.

You could do a course that isn't college based or even do a 1-1 course.

If you want to learn how to massage then you really need to be taught properly and do an accredited course. There are lots out there so make sure it is accredited.

You wouldn't be able to massage the general public without insurance so you will need to do a course.

There is another site called salon guinea pig which you can join.
You offer yourself to be a guinea pig for people who are training or who need models.
You could try joining that and you can list what treatments you are willing to volunteer for.
You might pick up some tips from that.

Salon Guinea Pig - Find people for practising treatments, training courses, competitions, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if you hadn't entitled your posting "massage partner" then I would have pointed you at training academies in your area, but as you said you wanted to learn to give a massage and receive a massage, my impression was that you wanted to remain an amateur so therefore was more interested in receiving a massage

As this is a professional site, I would suggest that you word things more clearly.

Sorry if I offended you.

hi hun

when we massage we are thinking of each individual muscle and how we can help to keep that muscle healthy so to speak, so you basically will either need to a) an accredited course preferably over a couple of months as its a lot to take in as its not just muscles its respiratory system, circulatory, etc or you need to b) go to college.

I did a night class I was 30 and there were blokes 40 plus in my class also in my waxing class too. its just not a case of rubbing someone and thinking well yer thats a massage. If not done correctly you can damage that muscle.
I hope ive not offeneded you by my reply im just stating my opinion.

Debs,

Thanks for your help and clearly there is a lot more to it than I first thought and no you have certainly not offended me.

I have seen home study courses on the internet but not sure if they are a good idea as you really need someone to practice on.

John

I found the a and p a very hard subject to grasp, the human body is an amazing thing and the way it works is not something you can learn in 2 days, it took me 6 months to fully grasp how it works and even now i need reminding sometimes.
It took my tutor a few 1 on 1's to grasp some of the subjects such as the lymphatic system the circulatory system just blew my mind.
Once you start to learn you will get the bug for more honestly.
good luck in your new venture

Latest posts

Back