Massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahjayne82

Reaction score
We've had a parent of a 13 year old boy in today at work asking to book her son in for a massage. Is this too young? and personally don't feel comfortable performing one on anyone under 18. Am I being unreasonable and should i refuse to that him?
The reason his mum wants him to have one is because he's got a comp next week and is stressed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

What does your insurance say? Youngest I've ever massage is 16 and that was a football player, it was fine but I do think maybe 13 is too toung

Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable doing this and would refuse, regardless of what my insurance said.

But I guess it comes down to your insurance, and your own willingness.

I would do it as long as the parent stayed in the room. Teenage years can be hard and massage is a wonderful way to ease through it. As long as your insurance covers you and you feel comfortable with massage and can adjust it accordingly I dont see an issue

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why does she want him to have a massage.If its for joint or muscle pain you can't even consider it.
Sorry just read again,for stress.
Do you do indian head massage,or Reiki I think a full body massage would be embarrassing for him even if you were insured which I doubt.

Thanks guys I'm gonna get my boss to check her insurance tomorrow.
Xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have done young guys and girls massage you will be ok as long as you have parental consent and the parent is In the room with you

Latest posts

Back