Match making

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph86

Reaction score
Ive set my best friend up for a date on Sunday, with my partners work friend (who we happened to go to school with but a few years difference, so don't know / remember each other) now, he isnt A 'oh my god he is fit' type, she has actually refused to let us set her up til now :)

He is a lovely genuine guy, they both have children & things in common & they are going out on Sunday for a meal & we are meeting them later for drinks.

According to my partner, he has been on the sunbed today, & has been driving around an area a bit further away (nearer to us) to find somewhere nice to take her. Bless him!

Has anyone else been a match maker?
Any good or bad stories to tell?

Fingers crossed this ends up a positive one!

Xx

I was set up on a blind date... my now partner has msg a friend on tv and asked if he had any single friends... I had a 15month old and he had a 5year old.. its our 3year anniversary next month and we have a boy together.... I was so incredibly nervous we had a day date too :)

Sent from my A500 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was set up on a blind date... my now partner has msg a friend on tv and asked if he had any single friends... I had a 15month old and he had a 5year old.. its our 3year anniversary next month and we have a boy together.... I was so incredibly nervous we had a day date too :)

Sent from my A500 using SalonGeek mobile app

Aww how lovely! Im glad it all worked out for you :) xx

So, they went on a date... He was a perfect gentleman! From opening the car door to taking her to a posh restaurant... She said although initially she doesn't fancy him, he put so much effort in, he is worth seeing if he grows on her.

Fingers crossed!

Xx

Awh he sounds like a gem!

I'm currently trying to set up my partners best friend with one of my best friends. He is a chronically shy IT guy - who only seems to talk when he's had a drink (think kuthrapalli from big bang theory) but he is such a gem! She is a loud, sarcastic female wrestler who trained as a body piercer and is a bit of a whackadoodle.

They get on so well when they're together and actually have loads of mutual interests. We're just trying to give him the push out of his shell.

I have 2 single friends who I'd like to get together but she won't hear of it. This is because she seems to think that every man you meet is with a view to being 'the one'. I have the opposite theory, you should meet many men and one may be just right. Kiss a lot of frogs type thing.
He is committed to having a good time.
I'm giving up I think but I think she could have calmed him down a bit and he could have loosened her up. :)

It's a long story but I'll cut it short.
My ex best friend never had luck with any guy she met, as she is very clingy and full on in relationships. I went out for a drink with my brother and his mates and one of them was her 'type'. So I suggested we all went out together, they hit it off and they have been together for about 18 months now.

Sad thing is they don't spend time with any friends. Both myself and my brother have lost contact with them as they refuse to leave each other for longer than 5 minutes. I hope they are still happy together and wish them all the best.

A strange and slightly unfortunate match made in 'heaven', if you can call it that.

Aww lilcheekymonkey dont feel like I can ❤️ Your story as its abit sad! Xx

Awh he sounds like a gem!

I'm currently trying to set up my partners best friend with one of my best friends. He is a chronically shy IT guy - who only seems to talk when he's had a drink (think kuthrapalli from big bang theory) but he is such a gem! She is a loud, sarcastic female wrestler who trained as a body piercer and is a bit of a whackadoodle.

They get on so well when they're together and actually have loads of mutual interests. We're just trying to give him the push out of his shell.

Ooo oppasites attract so they say :)

Xx

I have 2 single friends who I'd like to get together but she won't hear of it. This is because she seems to think that every man you meet is with a view to being 'the one'. I have the opposite theory, you should meet many men and one may be just right. Kiss a lot of frogs type thing.
He is committed to having a good time.
I'm giving up I think but I think she could have calmed him down a bit and he could have loosened her up. :)

Yes, my friend is beautiful she could be on a date a week but she isnt willing (usually this thread is the exception) to date/ see anyone & her type usually arent the type of guy that wants a serious relationship. I always say what harm can come from 1 date? You dont like him, you dont see him again!

Hopefully your friend will give him a chance :)

Xx

I don't think some people get the gist of dating.
You go on a date, you like, you meet again and so on it goes.
You don't like the date, don't meet again.
I know people who seem to think you only date someone if they're willing to sign a contract stating that they are looking for a wife!
I've been dating a guy a while. I see him because I like him, if that changes I won't see him. I don't have a label for the situation or for him. Dating? Relationship? Boyfriend? I dunno lol

Aww lilcheekymonkey dont feel like I can ❤️ Your story as its abit sad! Xx

Well it's hers and his loss. I was her friend for 10 years and if that's how she sees our friendship now then so be it. Yes I'm a tad bitter about it but 10 years is a long time to move on from.
Just thought I'd share the downside of match making, it's not something you hear so often! Lol xx

I know people who seem to think you only date someone if they're willing to sign a contract stating that they are looking for a wife!
I've been dating a guy a while. I see him because I like him, if that changes I won't see him. I don't have a label for the situation or for him. Dating? Relationship? Boyfriend? I dunno lol

No, I dated my partner he never asked to be my boyfriend it just happened.

Xx

Well it's hers and his loss. I was her friend for 10 years and if that's how she sees our friendship now then so be it. Yes I'm a tad bitter about it but 10 years is a long time to move on from.
Just thought I'd share the downside of match making, it's not something you hear so often! Lol xx

It is their loss, & you've every right to be annoyed! Wonder who they'd call if they split up?!

Xx

It is their loss, & you've every right to be annoyed! Wonder who they'd call if they split up?!

Xx

Exactly and I'll tell her where too go! Silly girl!

Xx

Me and my partner didn't put a label on it, until i moved in lol. I was like 'so ummm, like, what are we? Like what's this?' He was like 'umm, I don't know? Are we together? We are exclusive.'
We eventually came to a mutual agreement.

Just go with the flow, it always works better that way. Then there's no pressure to be in a relationship or to get into one.

I set my friends up sorta. I introduced them and they became friends and we all spent a great deal of time together as a big bunch of friends and the they started dating I knew they were perfect together and now they've been together like...6 years ^_^ I'm so happy for them!

Latest posts

Back