Maternity leave from your home salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treasure99

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm having a bubba, due on 5th June.
I work from home salon only. I'm very lucky to be very busy and have a regular client base.

I just wondered what ladies in my situation have done with regards to maternity leave?

I obviously want to have time off with my new arrival but am worried about losing clients.

It's mainly the lash ladies as they see me every 2 weeks.

I've said I'm going to take 4 weeks off. (Although wld like more).

I have childcare sorted to do 2 days p/w plus a couple of Eve's when OH is home.

How did you find it returning after mat leave and did u lose any regulars?

Any tips or advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you 😃

I worry about this in the future, its not a very long maternity leave for those who are self employed!

Now you would have to double check, but you can have 10 keep in touch with work days (again, please check it is the same for self employed) if that is possible, would you be able to split those ten full days over a longer period? So maybe once every (2/2.5/3) weeks? Get all your clients in on one day. So inbetween those days your off with your little one? Congratulations by the way :) xx

Just remember, babies are babies just once. Clients will understand that. If you have a c section then you will be sore for at least 6 weeks (I still have issues 3 years in) just play it by ere and enjoy xx
Congrats

Txs for the reply. You're meaning the mat allowance?
It's not the mat pay I'm worried about.

Just damage limitation to business and client base.

Yes, I did mean with out it effecting your maternity pay/allowance.

Although if you do want to get back to work, don't bend over backwards... You tell clients what you can do and as said above they will be very understanding and most likely be over joyed they can still have you working for them :) xx

I took off six days after a c section and I was fine. To be honest you will probably get sick of all the visitors (clients and it is annoying to say the least), everyone thinks they are the only one at one point I was seeing 4 lots of visitors a day, not counting all the "I was just passing brigade, which I don't mind it's the ones requiring tea, biscuits and entertainment that were torture", (this is when I am just out of hospital intensive care (discharged myself) and a newly single parent) that is the real reason I went back to work for peace and quiet and a good excuse not to sit round scoffing biscuits talking childbirth.

I know people mean well but I would actually rather chat and earn money as harsh as it sounds! If you have a big clientele like I do you will not be left alone, and it is really tough as they visit with their husbands (when you are trying to breastfeed) and Im only just out of hospital! Ofcourse they kept calling after six days, but I was busy working!, If I have another child I am going off to a holiday home for some peace and to bond, seriously this starts at 10am and goes on to 10pm. I felt I had to have full face of make up on, clothes on and biscuits bought! I got amazing presents though client were very generous and I appreciate they are trying to be supportive and were very thoughtful but you need to recover. It took until I took my son to Lanzarote to a private villa at 5 months that I had the opportunity to bond and get over the birth. Going back to work early is hard core on the plus side your income stay the same.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back