Matte Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yonnamalone

Reaction score
How much extra do you charge for doing Matt shellac with shiny tips than a normal shellac?

I would charge the same as a French, as the buffing doesnt take that long and you are using less topcoat to compensate for that time. So for me it would be £2 extra.
x

Ah yes, I forgot about the extra layer of topcoat applied before buffing, so I would charge £30 so £3 above my French price.

Thanks for that link. So would you use a white block or a koala to take the shine off for the best finish? It got a bit confusing !!

Green Glosser is best for buffing to a matte finish x

I use a white block for buffing x

I use a white block for buffing x

I tried to do it with a white block but it looked all scratched... don't know what to use!! I've got a 100/180 Zebra but haven't tried it yet.

I tried to do it with a white block but it looked all scratched... don't know what to use!! I've got a 100/180 Zebra but haven't tried it yet.

I'm using Gelish though but thought it would be the same procedure....?

Mine was ok when i did it my lady loved it, not sure with gelish as i do not use it but i guess it would be the same, maybe try it out on a colour pop first to see how you get on with it.

A 1200 grit is perfect for the job! :)

240 is probably best. cnd koala is
supposed to be good for doing it also

Latest posts

Back