Matte top coat for gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racheln7777

Reaction score
Anybody know where I would get a matte uv top coat?

Im not aware of any one the market to be honest but i may be wrong. I only know of polish ones. The look can be achieved using a very fine buffing block/file and an extra layer of topcoat so you dont break through it. Hth x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

you don't need a matt topcoat just remove the shine with a fine buffer, I use the green side of cnd's buffing block.

I seen that for shellac I didn't know If it worked the same wit gel.. Thanks so much will try it out tomoro. So jus lightly buff an no top coat at all?

I seen that for shellac I didn't know If it worked the same wit gel.. Thanks so much will try it out tomoro. So jus lightly buff an no top coat at all?

Apply 2 coats of top coat, then you lightly buff the 2nd coat. By applying 2 coats, you still get the protection xxx

Ah thank u very much :)

How did you get on with that Rachel, I had a little play during the week on Fashion Week Chic and Bellas Vampire but could still see some little streaks even though I buffed ever so gently with a really fine block :sad: I experimented with both one coat of TIO and two but still wasn't totally happy. Loved seeing the transformation though when you paint the TIO tip on! xxx

Yes it worked but it wasn't amazing looking.. Will try some more to perfect it. :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352334746.470773.jpg

The ring finger and pointer is matte. But I can stil see a bit of shine on them

Indigo have just brought out a matte uv topcoat :)

Indigo Has just released a matte topcoat

I think OPI GelColor have to. :)

OPI has a matte GelColor. Works beautifully

Latest posts

Back