Matte top coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaylieNails

Reaction score
I can't search on my phone unfortunately so I was just wondering if there's any threads with info on matte polishes or matte top coats which brands best and which wholesalers stock them please thankingyou xxxx

Orly do a matte topcoat, so do opi and essie. A topcoat is the best way to do it as then you can have whatever polish you want matte. Beauty express sell orly (I think ) Lena white for opi and louella belle for essie. Hope that helps. Also the nail polish underneath usually needs to be bone dry before you apply the matte topcoat.

I have the opi matte top coat, it's really good. Looks great under any polish. Hth xx

I just bought Essie Matte About You. I like it a lot.

Thanks a lot girlies I shall order some now ! Yayyyyyyyy excited xxx

Hi where do you buy your Essie Polish from I'm trying to set up an account but won't let me as im in the uk?

Hi where do you buy your Essie Polish from I'm trying to set up an account but won't let me as im in the uk?

I got mine at the trade show in feb- professional beauty! If you can wait till then x

Louella Belle supply Essie also Alan Howard wholesalers

I have a gel matte top coat... Gelissimo x

Orly do one & poss OPI too. I'm looking for a decent gel Matt top coat. X

Can you use matte polish over gel ?

Jessica have a matte top-coat called 'No Shine Finish'.

Is that ok to use over gel to achieve the matte look

I would only use the matte gel topcoat specific to the brand you are using x

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

The Jessica one is just a clear matte polish, so you can use it over the top of the gel after the final cure and after the inhibition layer has been removed.

I had Essie, matte about you then one day I used it and it dried patchy and white. It looked really chalky so I tried it again thinking maybe I had done something wrong and the same thing happened.

The polish was only a few months old and had been sealed tightly so not too sure why that happened :(

Thats a shame! Sounds like it was from a bad batch or maybe been on the shelves in the shop quite a while before your purchase! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back