Medication

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shell28

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the direction of any information about any medication that can cause problems with nail enhancements.

Im really looking to see if there is anything anywhere about people who have had problems with nail enhancements with PCOS ( poly cystic ovary symdrome).

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone point me in the direction of any information about any medication that can cause problems with nail enhancements.

Im really looking to see if there is anything anywhere about people who have had problems with nail enhancements with PCOS ( poly cystic ovary symdrome).

It is often just a case of poor health that affects the nails and not the medication. First signs of poor health are seen in nails and hair. If you have a client in poor health then take extra care and see them more often for maintenance.

I have had client with PCOS and not noticed any difference in their ability to wear enhancements, to be honest.
I have had challenges with clients with MS and severe diabetes but this is down to poor health rather than meds and nails in a very weakened condition because of it.

Thanks Geeg i just really want to help this client she has come to me after seeing many other nail professionals. She had tryed all nails systems but just seems unable to wear them. I myself have pcos and i have no problems with wearing enhancements myself just wondered if in some cases people do.

This may sounds stupid but she is on a fertility drug and i wondered if that could effect her nails??

Thanks Geeg i just really want to help this client she has come to me after seeing many other nail professionals. She had tryed all nails systems but just seems unable to wear them. I myself have pcos and i have no problems with wearing enhancements myself just wondered if in some cases people do.

This may sounds stupid but she is on a fertility drug and i wondered if that could effect her nails??

EVERYTHING we eat or general health affects the nails. So, yes, her problem could be down to any number of things. If she can't wear enhancments then she can't wear enhancements and there isn't much you can do about it to be honest ... some people just can't, you have to accept that. Sorry I can't be of more help but that is just the way it is.

What eactly is her problem? Are the enhancements coming off clean?

Last edited:
If its any help I have PCOS too and have had no problems with enhancements.

I have PCOS too and have no problems with enhancements at all. though, I was told by my consultant that he has noticed, ladies with PCOS can have fast growing hair and nails. I dont have any clients with PCOS so i cant say i have noticed this on others, but my nails grow incredibly fast. I can need a backfill after 5 days and i have to get my roots done every four weeks at the most. (its a bit fustrating sometimes!)

tigi

I have PCOS too and have no problems with enhancements at all. though, I was told by my consultant that he has noticed, ladies with PCOS can have fast growing hair and nails. I dont have any clients with PCOS so i cant say i have noticed this on others, but my nails grow incredibly fast. I can need a backfill after 5 days and i have to get my roots done every four weeks at the most. (its a bit fustrating sometimes!)

tigi

My nails grow quite quickly tbh, although they are weak. My hair also has only took a year to go from a very short pob to below my shoulder blades. My stylist wants my secret lol.

mine are weak too. I cuticle oil all the time. it has helped greatly but they are still weak, but i wear enhancements 99% of the time anyway.

Latest posts

Back