Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So you just applied the shellac colour straight on top of the sticky megamix dispersion layer?

Did you find it a bit stronger than Brisa Lite? I tried just the clear MM on one of my nails Sunday and it definitely felt stronger to me but maybe it was psychological lol

I don't use shellac as it doesn't last on me. I use Gelish. I applied the Gelish straight on to the inhibition layer on MM on my mum's nails she said it felt so strong!!!

I have MM on mixed with varnish at the moment. Feels fab!! Very strong. I love it :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think I need a reread of this thread as I've missed the moaning posts, like a good nosey ;)

I'm disapointed I didn't catch Matron at pro beauty on Sunday.
I love meeting new people :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek mobile app

Matron! Haha, Victoria, I bet it was that nurses uniform that you wore. Scared him off, for sure.

That'll have been me, moaning about the name :wink2:. Ignore me (like you usually do, lol) Although, that said, why DO companies spend so much time and money on creating a brand? huh?

It didn't stop me from trying it.

I did. It's good. Nuff said.

Martin... Bloody sausage fingers, autocorrect and no idea how to edit from phone :what:

And those darn sausages keep creeping into your posts. You'll get a caution soon.

I don't use shellac as it doesn't last on me. I use Gelish. I applied the Gelish straight on to the inhibition layer on MM on my mum's nails she said it felt so strong!!!

I have MM on mixed with varnish at the moment. Feels fab!! Very strong. I love it :) xxx

Hi, Sorry if I sound dumb but do you mean you replaced the Gelish foundation with the MM and then did usual gelish, no mixing of colour? why would you do this? I thought it was just for mixing custom blend products or am I missing something :confused: xx

Matron! Haha, Victoria, I bet it was that nurses uniform that you wore. Scared him off, for sure.
do you know how parky it was wearing that weeny uniform haha

That'll have been me, moaning about the name :wink2:. Ignore me (like you usually do, lol)
who said that??? *tumbleweed blows by* :p
Although, that said, why DO companies spend so much time and money on creating a brand? huh?

It didn't stop me from trying it.

I did. It's good. Nuff said.

I said about the name too ;) we were thinking of other names for it in a fun way on some of the posts, I can't think of any nastiness or moaning tho so really don't understand the previous comment from past poster.. Anyway I still need to put an order in.. I feel I'm slacking on the playing with new products *smacks wrist*

And those darn sausages keep creeping into your posts. You'll get a caution soon.
what a naughty little rebel eh? ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, Sorry if I sound dumb but do you mean you replaced the Gelish foundation with the MM and then did usual gelish, no mixing of colour? why would you do this? I thought it was just for mixing custom blend products or am I missing something :confused: xx

No I didn't replace Gelish foundation. I applied MM base, then MM to give structure to the nail, then applied my Gelish! It was on one nail. A week nail. Martin has said it can also be used for structure ;)

This one nail, I normally apply brisa lite sculpting gel on as it's the only thing that keeps it strong. But thought I'd give this a try so a) I can use my led lamp and b) soak off is quicker.

Just putting it to the test after feeling how strong it is on my own nails (mixed with varnish)

;)

Xxxx

I'm using it mainly in place of Brisa Lite. So I'm doing megamix basecoat cure, megamix clear gel (pot) cure, then going onto my shellac or ibd colour coats and topcoat as usual. I've only tried it on my pinky at the minute and it feels much stronger than Brisa lite. Am trying it on my mum this afternoon and she's really hard on her nails.

Just ordered my base and Amazing Glaze. Please be here by Saturday!! I'm doing a pamper party on Sunday and desperately need it. :Scared:

Martin... Bloody sausage fingers, autocorrect and no idea how to edit from phone :what:
ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Matron !!!!!!!!!!

don't worrie I've been called worse and you can call me anything just as long as you don't call me late for dinner !

I wondered around excel for 2 days and thought I would see more people caught up with a few friends and saw a few people that I know :) so I was there...........sorry I missed you
:(

megamix nails comprises of three products Amazin base megamix and amaze glaze

these are all great products and work well together or are equally great in their own right ..

if you want to replace your gelish foundation with amazin base this will work if you want to use megamix raw to replace brisa lite smothing gel or biosculture s gel ( or clear) or callgel or similar this will work wonderfully

if you want to use it only for mixing gel and nail polish that is fine too.

if you want to use your own base and top and megamix to make a sandwich then that's cool.

if you want to use it to create a short tip and overlay that will work

you can really do what you want with it there are no rules so just do what you want and what personally works for you. if you want to dry brush dry brush if you don't want to that's fine it will still work.

the choice is yours to do as you please that is the beauty of this totally versatile product we all approach nails from a different view point ( its like a beach ball depending where your standing you may see different colours but it's still the same ball)

because it is made in such a generic way using universal technology its very hard to go wrong. If you apply the same rules as you would to whatever current system you are using then you will achieve great results.

:)

these are all great products and work well together or are equally great in their own right ..

if you want to replace your gelish foundation with amazin base this will work if you want to use megamix raw to replace brisa lite smothing gel or biosculture s gel ( or clear) or callgel or similar this will work wonderfully

if you want to use your own base and top and megamix to make a sandwich then that's cool.

you can really do what you want with it there are no rules so just do what you want and what personally works for you. if you want to dry brush dry brush if you don't want to that's fine it will still work.

the choice is yours to do as you please that is the beauty of this totally versatile product we all approach nails from a different view point ( its like a beach ball depending where your standing you may see different colours but it's still the same ball)

because it is made in such a generic way using universal technology its very hard to go wrong. If you apply the same rules as you would to whatever current system you are using then you will achieve great results.

And this.... sums up exactly why I love this product ;) xxx

I've ordered my set, can't wait for them to arrive! Very impressed with the reviews on here so far, and in all honesty, it's hardly breaking the bank to try is it? Compared to some products I think it's really good value. The lady in sallys today tried selling me a small pot of chroma gel today for £60😊

And this.... sums up exactly why I love this product ;) xxx

Why can't everything in life & nails be this simple and easy going?!

Karaxxx

Why can't everything in life & nails be this simple and easy going?!

Karaxxx

If only aye?! ;) xxx

Does anyone know if you can use the Amaze Glaze in place of Shellac Top Coat on a Shellac service? Only asking as my Shellac topcoat is just running out and I've not ordered a new one in time!

Does anyone know if you can use the Amaze Glaze in place of Shellac Top Coat on a Shellac service? Only asking as my Shellac topcoat is just running out and I've not ordered a new one in time!

Yes you can, it's been mentioned before I believe :) all 3 parts are universal ;)

However, CND would say no as it's noy using the whole system ;) lol xx

Hi Martin and geeks!

Used my Megamix for the first time today and although definitely not a faff- so easy to mix- the viscosity was so runny I had trouble keeping away from the skin, sidewalls and eponychium- meaning it took me longer to carry out the service on my client.

Could it be the polish I mixed with Megamix or should I put it in the fridge for ten minutes prior to using? I used approx a 50/50 ratio, the coverage was quite thin and needed three coats. TIA :hug:

Pretty Please.....can anyone help me with this :eek:

Thank you for clarifying x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Is anyone else having problems with chipping on natural nails?? I have tried lots of different ways to make this last and we are only getting 8-10 days wear out of them before chipping begins. I've even tried using a layer of Calgel IZ gel under the mm and then I tried it over the mm. Nothing really seems to be strong enough to stop it from chipping.
When I have used the mm on nail extensions with the IZ gel for strength it works perfectly no chipping and more importantly no lifting!!! I just can't seem to make it strong enough for natural nails which are not very strong. Can anyone help?

Pretty Please.....can anyone help me with this :eek:

I purchased the bottle and found it too thick, so I leave it on the radiator before I use it. Try putting the gel in a cold place and see if it makes a difference.

Latest posts

Back