Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my 1st attempt at Megamix xxx

1393023342929.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Here's my 1st attempt at Megamix xxx

View attachment 57082

love theese please share on face book page megamix and if you can briefly explain what you did that would be even better ( what you mixed etc)

I forgot to say that when you order you get a set of very clear instructions with it too
in each envelope there is a set of guidelines ( not so much instructions) I'm sorry if you did not get them glamour eyes :(

martin

love theese please share on face book page megamix and if you can briefly explain what you did that would be even better ( what you mixed etc)

Will do Martin! I done the art in Gelish as I didn't have the right colours in varnish lol xxx

Martin - a question for you actually.

When I mixed tonight I didn't mix enough polish on my 1st attempt, so I added a little more. Just wondering after 2 or 3 layers of your newly mixed MM, if it's still not opaque enough is it possible to paint 1 coat of nail varnish over the top and then topcoat that using the MM Topcoat?

Xxx

Will do Martin! I done the art in Gelish as I didn't have the right colours in varnish lol xxx

Martin - a question for you actually.

When I mixed tonight I didn't mix enough polish on my 1st attempt, so I added a little more. Just wondering after 2 or 3 layers of your newly mixed MM, if it's still not opaque enough is it possible to paint 1 coat of nail varnish over the top and then topcoat that using the MM Topcoat?

Xxx

GlamourEyes11

Great question and I have wondered this myself, and i know where you are coming from, but you would have to wipe ( then colour would come off ! )when you layer polish it is so hit and miss, i find that it only really works over acrylic and the results really depend on if or not the polish is actually dry ( seems dry but then sometimes isn't !)

tried it on my mum yesterday and it looked like it worked but then this morning the top coat( which was cured) was crinkled ( but not peeled just wrinkled)

as you work with the product you will find your way

a better idea would be to do 2-3 layers of 50 -50 mix ( so you have colour and strength) and then maybe in the final coat do a 80 %polish 20 % gel mix

almost doing what you suggest but still mixed

even 95 % polish 5 % gel ( which i would not normally recommend) ( this would be more an advanced technique ( but you seem pretty advanced ! wink)

it's funny even the tiniest amount of gel ( unbelievably ) works and creates a cure framework

maybe do a bit of trialing first
its important that you have the structure in the nail the megamix when mixed is only a finish, so there are lots of things to consider
if you do a really heavy polish mix( 90 % polish) then there is no strength in the gel
so you would have to put on an extra layer of clear to ensure you had a bit of body)

have a play :) and mix it up

martin

GlamourEyes11

Great question and I have wondered this myself, and i know where you are coming from, but you would have to wipe ( then colour would come off ! )when you layer polish it is so hit and miss, i find that it only really works over acrylic and the results really depend on if or not the polish is actually dry ( seems dry but then sometimes isn't !)

tried it on my mum yesterday and it looked like it worked but then this morning the top coat( which was cured) was crinkled ( but not peeled just wrinkled)

as you work with the product you will find your way

a better idea would be to do 2-3 layers of 50 -50 mix ( so you have colour and strength) and then maybe in the final coat do a 80 %polish 20 % gel mix

almost doing what you suggest but still mixed

even 95 % polish 5 % gel ( which i would not normally recommend) ( this would be more an advanced technique ( but you seem pretty advanced ! wink)

it's funny even the tiniest amount of gel ( unbelievably ) works and creates a cure framework

maybe do a bit of trialing first
its important that you have the structure in the nail the megamix when mixed is only a finish, so there are lots of things to consider
if you do a really heavy polish mix( 90 % polish) then there is no strength in the gel
so you would have to put on an extra layer of clear to ensure you had a bit of body)

have a play :) and mix it up

martin

Fab thanks so much Martin. I'll trial on my Mum ;) as she has such white free edge, we always strggle to cover with anything lol. So I'll try with her 2 coats 50/50 then 3rd coat whatever is needed ;)

Can't wait to get playing with glitter :)

Are you bringing out a brush by any chance😍 I have no old polish brushes and my gel brush was, let's say.... pants tonight lol

Thanks
Xxx

Fab thanks so much Martin. I'll trial on my Mum ;) as she has such white free edge, we always strggle to cover with anything lol. So I'll try with her 2 coats 50/50 then 3rd coat whatever is needed ;)

Can't wait to get playing with glitter :)

Are you bringing out a brush by any chance😍 I have no old polish brushes and my gel brush was, let's say.... pants tonight lol

Thanks
Xxx

It seems almost too simple !!!!!!! but i have sourced empty polish bottles with the same short brush that is in the base and top coat so think that will work ( not tried it yet)

Thought you could have it filled with acetone ( or cleaner or whatever) to keep the brush supple and then use this :) ( perfect easy solution

cant think what to call it !!! wanted to put a label on it
will put them in the shop soon as

really wanted to get some really nice brushes ( and have looked at them) but need to order loads :) but its on my to do list in the meantime we have empty bottles with polish brushes in them

I really want to try and inovate so selling brushes that everyone sells seems a bit same old same old, and the ones that i like and i would use are really expensive just for me to buy so to retail would be so expensive and i'm trying to keep things reasonable.

in time I'm sure i will have a brush range

:)

It seems almost too simple !!!!!!! but i have sourced empty polish bottles with the same short brush that is in the base and top coat so think that will work ( not tried it yet)

Thought you could have it filled with acetone ( or cleaner or whatever) to keep the brush supple and then use this :) ( perfect easy solution

really wanted to get some really nice brushes ( and have looked at them) but need to order loads :) but its on my to do list in the meantime we have empty bottles with polish brushes in them

I really want to try and inovate so selling brushes that everyone sells seems a bit same old same old, and the ones that i like and i would use are really expensive just for me to buy so to retail would be so expensive and i'm trying to keep things reasonable.

And not manky nail brushes hahaha :lick:

Great minds ;) this is tge exact thing I was thinking of ordering last night when laying in bed. But never thought of putting cleanser in the bottle. What a great idea.

Let us know once you've labelled and ready to sell ;) I'll be 1st in line xxx

Hi
Think my question got missed. Are you all dry brushing the basecoat? Also would I need to dry brush shellac basecoat if im using that instead?
Thanks x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Martin

I went to purchase the MegaMix pot online but they are out of stock at the moment. When will they be back in? If it's a while, I may just have to buy the bottle but I'd prefer the pot! Thanks

Just had my first play with Megamix on my own nails.

This is Color Club holo, with black Konad. I found it very easy to use - probably used a ratio of 80:20 (to be honest I didn't fuss too much about ratios - just stirred a little Megamix into a small pool of polish).

This is three coats. I used Shellac base and top coat, and didn't dry brush the base coat.
kNX6ogW.jpg

If you want to dry brush you can, but it's not essential :) whatever suits you :) there is no harm done either way.

sometimes i do it ( if i'm being good) and sometimes i forget ( when i'm being bad) ! and the results are the same either way :) :D

Just thought I'd post that i removed a clients mega mix polish today. Came off quite easily, almost crumbly.

But..........
I noticed the gel had cracks in it on 3 of her fingers. She said she typed at work but I've been doing her nails with Gelish for 4 months now and she's never had cracking before and her nails are always the same length.

why did this happen? the only thing i could think of was that i added too much polish?

Latest posts

Back