Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Righty my fellow megamixers, i have mixed a very fine dust eyeshadow, about 25% and done 3 thin coats.
It mixed very easily, applied very smoothly (apart from gel brush being a lil wide) and has a lovely finish.
It still has the iredescant (sp) two tone effect of blue and purple, although I couldn't pick it up on phone camera.

Please excuse the flooded bit, I sneezed and jogged my own hand :eek:

Edited to add.. I just checked BarryM website on DazzleDust and they are Mica Powders :)

Thanks to your post, I discovered the Barry M website (DUH!!).... I have always bought elsewhere and couldn't believe I had such a blonde moment..never thinking they OBVIOUSLY had their own web site. :Love:

Thanks to your post, I discovered the Barry M website (DUH!!).... I have always bought elsewhere and couldn't believe I had such a blonde moment..never thinking they OBVIOUSLY had their own web site. :Love:

Lol Sass that made me chuckle,
I Google everything hoping for a site ;)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394026055.338765.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394026068.635432.jpg

Morgan Taylor polish with mega mix, over my clear rock hard gel extensions

Okay so today I went to use my megamix amaze glaze top coat and I could not get the lid off.. I put a bit of oomph into it and the white cover came off but brush did not come with it! I then realised that the whole lot has set in the bottle and the brush is stuck in there... what! I did leave it on my desk, not in direct sunlight but there is natural light in my nail room.. so just a warning ladies keep your bottles away from the light as I'm not sure if the packaging is 100% keeping the light out.... lesson learn't for me. fortunately it's a cheap lesson and i'm off to buy some more! :lol:
good advice syncage.
It does state on the label to keep out of sunlight and uv light source so keep it in the draw to be on the safe side. Its winter and we don't think it is so sunny !!!!!! but i have often come to a bottle and found the brush had set in the pot of megamix and several other gel polish brands so try my hardest to be carfull now :)

Thanks Martin, I notice you said before that you can use it with tips, can you Aldo use it for short sculpts? I usually do this with structure gel and it works really well although is a bit runny, if this is stronger, it would be amazing!

Has anyone done any videos as yet? Xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app
still working on a video :)

I have put it on tips but only very short sports length

I have managed to sculpt with it by drawing amazin base out onto a nail form and then building up with megamix to varying degrees of sucess, it's do able but i would not recomend it or advertize that my product is suitable for this as the amount of gel you have to put on to make a sound structure would result in thick clumpy nail I doubt anyone would want to wear.

A soak of builder gel is in development :) :) :)

watch this space :)

Martin, any chance you will be at the Irish Beauty show in Dublin next weekend?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app
Suzanne I wish I was but unfortunately not going to be in Ireland, would love to meet you as you are responsible for having created this thread and generating all the fantastic responses. One day :)

still working on a video :)

I have put it on tips but only very short sports length

I have managed to sculpt with it by drawing amazin base out onto a nail form and then building up with megamix to varying degrees of sucess, it's do able but i would not recomend it or advertize that my product is suitable for this as the amount of gel you have to put on to make a sound structure would result in thick clumpy nail I doubt anyone would want to wear.

A soak of builder gel is in development :) :) :)

watch this space :)

Thanks Martin, a soak off builder gel will be amazing! Can't wait :) x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ooh fab, I shall be watching n waiting :)

Me too! I have used MM with very short tips but would love a soak off builder gel for enhancements.

I finally got round to this part of my to do list and ordered a pot to try this week (I've been watching this thread for a little while and am really encouraged by the discussion here)... So now I'm just trying to stop myself getting over excited while I wait for it to arrive lol.

Ring finger done using a megamix of a vinylux gold colour, medium glitter and large hexagon glitter. The large glitter is well and truly embedded :)
I ordered the pot but would also like to get the bottle. Am I right in saying you could paint it straight from the bottle onto your usual gel polish and it would still act like structure gel? X

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1394057816659.jpg
    1394057816659.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 379
Ring finger done using a megamix of a vinylux gold colour, medium glitter and large hexagon glitter. The large glitter is well and truly embedded :)
I ordered the pot but would also like to get the bottle. Am I right in saying you could paint it straight from the bottle onto your usual gel polish and it would still act like structure gel? X

It would be like structure but a but thinner but could add another layer really easy to manage so go for it

yes yes yes

I finally got round to this part of my to do list and ordered a pot to try this week (I've been watching this thread for a little while and am really encouraged by the discussion here)... So now I'm just trying to stop myself getting over excited while I wait for it to arrive lol.
kitty don't stop I WANT YOU ALMOST BURST ( WITH EXCITEMENT)
I know i am with all the fantastic feedback I'm getting

Martin you are a GENIUS .. This product is amazing! Bye bye rockstars with powder glitter on top of gel! Hello megamix!! And wow is it strong or what! My bendy nails have all the strength they need! I am so amazed and satisfied by this product ! Great job Martin ! The versatility is simply incredible ! Mixed great, when on great, cured great and looka great! Thanks a million for you amazing customer support :)
Here are my nails mega mix mixed with a local brand of nail glitters and this one is called Black Heart :)

Attachments

• _20140305_183643.jpg
    _20140305_183643.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 360
Martin you are a GENIUS .. This product is amazing! Bye bye rockstars with powder glitter on top of gel! Hello megamix!! And wow is it strong or what! My bendy nails have all the strength they need! I am so amazed and satisfied by this product ! Great job Martin ! The versatility is simply incredible ! Mixed great, when on great, cured great and looka great! Thanks a million for you amazing customer support :)
Here are my nails mega mix mixed with a local brand of nail glitters and this one is called Black Heart :)

This might be a stupid question but could you not have mixed the glitter with your current gel polish? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow these are gorgeous! I hope mine arrives tomorrow :D

This might be a stupid question but could you not have mixed the glitter with your current gel polish? Xx

This product is far stronger than any gel polish i own ! I have shellac opi and ibd. Its far stronger than brisa lite smoothing too

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Wow these are gorgeous! I hope mine arrives tomorrow :D

Thanks ! I feel like posibilities r endless .. I have a ton of useless china glaze cant wait to mix it with megamix!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

dudeymel

I don't know of any other company that sell a clear "gel polish" !

you can mix it with gel polish top coat but applied thickly that tends to burn it's more rigid so prone to cracking and harder to remove.

And sure you could mix it with clear soak off gel but megamix is different

Its hard to describe you have to almost try it to believe to but when you mix megamix with glitter it almost liquify the glitter

its super strong ( not hard strong but tough strong) but also super flexible and super easy to apply and soak off
:)

Latest posts

Back