Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a bottle or pot. Just personal preference x

There's only a pot option on the website :( I think I would prefer a bottle .. So I know how many 'drops' I'm using xx

There's only a pot option on the website :( I think I would prefer a bottle .. So I know how many 'drops' I'm using xx

My mistake. There used to be a bottle.

I find the pot easier. I just use a small scooper I got off eBay. Much like the stirrer on the MM website but it has a little scoop so I can measure drops too :) x

I think there was a few problems with the bottle so maybe thats why its only the pot im waiting for my order can't wait to try. Has any one found a certain type of polish works better then other brands ? X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407794726.780672.jpg

Feelin Hot Hot Hot by OPI xx

My mistake. There used to be a bottle.

I find the pot easier. I just use a small scooper I got off eBay. Much like the stirrer on the MM website but it has a little scoop so I can measure drops too :) x

So do you also scoop out the polish or whatever you're planning on using aswell as the mega mix ? Xx

I think there was a few problems with the bottle so maybe thats why its only the pot im waiting for my order can't wait to try. Has any one found a certain type of polish works better then other brands ? X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've found any polish works lovely.

I don't use vinylux so can't comment on that but would fear it might dry quite quickly and become gloopy.

I love my OPI and I have some china glaze colours too.

See some great reviews about cuccio as they are triple pigmented xx

So do you also scoop out the polish or whatever you're planning on using aswell as the mega mix ? Xx

I just use the scoop for the megamix.

I then load my polish brush up and do drops into a dappen dish to equal the megamix used. Then tend to add one extra xx

I use Cuccio Colour and it's brilliant. The higher pigmented polishes work a dream.

I prefer the pot having originally bought the bottle. I just use a mixing tool/little spatula, take out a little scoop and then pour the polish in to a ratio of 50:50 to begin with to see what the colour density is like, and if needs be, I add a few more drops of polish.

It is really simple to do. In fact I've stopped buying gel polish and just buy polish now. I have 52 Cuccio polishes now and a plethora of colour options!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use Cuccio Colour and it's brilliant. The higher pigmented polishes work a dream.

I prefer the pot having originally bought the bottle. I just use a mixing tool/little spatula, take out a little scoop and then pour the polish in to a ratio of 50:50 to begin with to see what the density is like, and if needs be, I add a few more drops of polish.

It is really simple to do. In fact I've stopped buying gel polish and just buy polish now. I have 52 Cuccio polishes now and a plethora of colour options!

Laura, you need to stop fuelling my polish addiction. I'm starting to think I need Cuccio in my life now. Ah so many colours.

Love megamix. Honestly best thing that's happened to my small mobile business. X

I just use the scoop for the megamix.

I then load my polish brush up and do drops into a dappen dish to equal the megamix used. Then tend to add one extra xx

Fab thanks! I'm training next week and it would be cheaper for starting to do that, especially since I have so many colours of polish that I love but just can't use as they don't even last a day without chipping !

Excited :)

Do you use the base and top coat aswell? I'm thinking when I'm building my kit I will be using mainly gelish but the foundation is £30 alone lol! So that's a future purchase haha !

Also, if you do use the base have you ever used that base with another gel brand on top? Like that base with gelish colour then gelish or mm top coat?

Sorry for the 100 questions just like to know before I buy something xx

This is the spatula and this is the brush I use to apply MM.

Attachments

• 1407795340072.jpg
    1407795340072.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 185
Laura, you need to stop fuelling my polish addiction. I'm starting to think I need Cuccio in my life now. Ah so many colours.

Love megamix. Honestly best thing that's happened to my small mobile business. X

Repeat after me... I need Cuccio in my life... I need Cuccio in my life ;) xxx

This is the spatula and this is the brush I use to apply MM.

This sounds silly but when I'm training in nails next week it's gel polish I will be learning which is obv easier than using a separate brush.. Is it just as easy or is there a nack to it ? Just as the brush is so small in comparison lol ! Xx

I used a gel polish brush to begin with and it worked fine for me. I ordered this brush with the view to apply glitter and MM, but the brush is lovely to use (and for the last three years I've only used a polish brush with my other systems). Either work really well, just use what feels right for you honey. I personally like this brush as I can clean it out better, it shapes nicely at the eponychium and I can apply a nice thin layer. xxx hth xxx

I used a gel polish brush to begin with and it worked fine for me. I ordered this brush with the view to apply glitter and MM, but the brush is lovely to use (and for the last three years I've only used a polish brush with my other systems). Either work really well, just use what feels right for you honey. I personally like this brush as I can clean it out better, it shapes nicely at the eponychium and I can apply a nice thin layer. xxx hth xxx

Great:)! Thanks so much! Where did you get your brush? I'm a lover of a bargain and eBay ( haha ) but there's certain things I won't buy if I want them to last long and I don't think i want to be replacing this a lot ... Or have hairs coming out onto the gel when I'm applying it lol!! Xx

I got it from here :) No stray hairs and applies beautifully :)

Attachments

• 1407797011181.jpg
    1407797011181.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 170
I got it from here :) No stray hairs and applies beautifully :)

Wow that's good to know !! Cheap doesn't always mean nasty :) ... I buy quite a bit off eBay and love a bargain but just was unsure about brushes x

For the purpose of applying your MM colour coat mix, they really are fab. Wouldn't use them for much else haha but they work really well. XXX

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

For the purpose of applying your MM colour coat mix, they really are fab. Wouldn't use them for much else haha but they work really well. XXX

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

Perfect thanks :)! Do you use the base and top coats in mm aswell? X

Yes I do honey. The topcoat is super shiny too! x

Latest posts

Back