Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I do honey. The topcoat is super shiny too! x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

You've sold me happy feet ! Will order it tomorrow 👌! excited to be able to use my polishes again !!!xx

Repeat after me... I need Cuccio in my life... I need Cuccio in my life ;) xxx

I need Cuccio in my life... I need Cuccio in my life haha.

I've messaged a couple of questions to cuccio.

I've got so many OPI that I'm just not sure I can justify it ! Eek xx

Basic question but what do you use to clean your brush with? I have Gelish cleanse or plain acetone but don't want to damage the brushes (I'm using the MM brushes and empty bottles) It was mentioned earlier to put liquid in the empty bottle to keep the brushes soft etc, would you use gelish cleanse or acetone or is there another product out there?

Ah how annoying !! I expected to be able to do my nail course next week, waited about a month on Ila sorting my account as they kept messing up documents .. Now it's too late to do the course next week !!

Which means my mum, gran and I will need to pay someone to do our nails for our holiday next week ! And I will need to take two days off college in September to do the course !

So wanted to purchase this and use it with polish and glitter next week for my holiday nails ... Guess not :(!!

Basic question but what do you use to clean your brush with? I have Gelish cleanse or plain acetone but don't want to damage the brushes (I'm using the MM brushes and empty bottles) It was mentioned earlier to put liquid in the empty bottle to keep the brushes soft etc, would you use gelish cleanse or acetone or is there another product out there?

I just use Isopropyl alcohol to clean through my brush and then before I use it again I just again give it a wipe over with IPA again. X

Ah how annoying !! I expected to be able to do my nail course next week, waited about a month on Ila sorting my account as they kept messing up documents .. Now it's too late to do the course next week !!

Which means my mum, gran and I will need to pay someone to do our nails for our holiday next week ! And I will need to take two days off college in September to do the course !

So wanted to purchase this and use it with polish and glitter next week for my holiday nails ... Guess not :(!!

Oh no :(

If you're adding a layer of MM to a Gelish manicure for strength do you put it over the base coat after curing before the colour or after the cured colour coats before top it off?

If you're adding a layer of MM to a Gelish manicure for strength do you put it over the base coat after curing before the colour or after the cured colour coats before top it off?

You can do either I think.

I tend to put it under the colour as it helps to then smooth out any ridges or imperfections aswell as providing strength xx

Oh no :(

I'm wondering if I could just do a DIY job since it's family and I'm not charging .. I'm just scared of the prep not being right but I've youtube'd it about 5 times now!!

I've ordered the gelish ph bond and cuticle oil so all I need now is my mm kit and I should be good to go..

I have a acrylic nail kit I bought off a girl a while ago so have lots of files, buffers etc plus all the acrylics and glitters etcetc..

Can I be a pain and ask what kind of buffer I would use to remove shine? The one I have seems a bit coarse and scratches the nail slightly xx

I know it's frustrating not being on your course just yet, but I really would wait until you've done your training. X

I know it's frustrating not being on your course just yet, but I really would wait until you've done your training. X

I don't think I can 🙈 lol I just want to play now ! Haha xx

Thanks, Happyfeet can you get that in Sallys? also have you used the MM glitter? I was wondering if it goes on a bit gapey and not good coverage can you mix a bit of the same coloured polish with the glitter dust and glitter hexagons or would that be overloading the gel? maybe better to mix polish with MM for one layer then separately mix MM with the glitter? just wondering what you've found.

Had to order another pot of MM and noticed there is now a chrome mix and bling mix to alter polishes you already have.

I just ordered some so will keep you lovely geeks in the loop as to what they do as my curiosity just couldn't let me leave them ! :) xxx

Cuccio Colour 2am in Hollywood and MM stamped with Barry M silver using MoYou Princess Plate 14

Attachments

• 1407854603051.jpg
    1407854603051.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 173
  • 1407854617205.jpg
    1407854617205.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 168
Thanks, Happyfeet can you get that in Sallys? also have you used the MM glitter? I was wondering if it goes on a bit gapey and not good coverage can you mix a bit of the same coloured polish with the glitter dust and glitter hexagons or would that be overloading the gel? maybe better to mix polish with MM for one layer then separately mix MM with the glitter? just wondering what you've found.

I get my DSperse (IPA) from Ellisons lovey.

I have, I usually do three thin coats to get full coverage. The glitter I use is ultra fine and its Lecente formerly Irresistible Glitter.

You can get both glitter and DSperse from Ellisons or Sweet Squared.

I wouldn't add polish and glitter or dust in one mix. For glitter you need a flat 50:50 ratio gel to glitter. If you're having problems with coverage you could indeed put a colour coat mix underneath.

Hth xxx

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't think I can 🙈 lol I just want to play now ! Haha xx

Aw you can :) won't be too long until you do it and then you can safely and precisely apply it no problems lovey :) Nail techs are impatient so you're one step closer to becoming one :) ;) xxx

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

Cuccio Colour 2am in Hollywood and MM stamped with Barry M silver using MoYou Princess Plate 14

Gorgeous as always!

Wished you lived a tad closer. I would definitely get my nails done by you. ;) xx

Would ultimately save me the stress that I work myself into trying to do my own haha x

Gorgeous as always!

Wished you lived a tad closer. I would definitely get my nails done by you. ;) xx

Would ultimately save me the stress that I work myself into trying to do my own haha x

Aw what a lovely thing to say :)

Ha I've only done one hand so far, I've just fed the baby, now I've got to make dinner for the family, tidy my studio for a 1930 appt and get my hand finished. .. I too stress myself right out :D

Beautiful! and very eye catching, your stamping is amazing, totally flawless, Do you charge extra when you add stamps? do you do colour - cure it - MM top coat - cure - cleanse wipe - then stamp - MM top coat?

Beautiful! and very eye catching, your stamping is amazing, totally flawless, Do you charge extra when you add stamps? do you do colour - cure it - MM top coat - cure - cleanse wipe - then stamp - MM top coat?

Thank you lovely, tho close up it's not as crisp as i would like haha!

I don't, as ive just started stamping in the last few weeks. I charge £25 anyway and doesn't take me too long. I doubt many would take me up on stamping if I charged more, but that's my area. If you can, definitely charge.

Yup that's the way to do... lol I sound like Punch and Judy!

Latest posts

Back