Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did tell the lady I did about the product but she wouldn't be interested in doing her own. I know what u mean though.

Can't you just say its a bespoke nail gel?

That you have an amazing NEW product that turns ordinary nail polish into gel polish and that you can mix almost anything into it to create totally and unique nails just for them

That you have an amazing NEW product that turns ordinary nail polish into gel polish and that you can mix almost anything into it to create totally and unique nails just for them

I think I posted something similar to this Halo :)

How are you all marketing this to clients? I'm slightly worried that as soon as some of my clients realise the name they will Google it and buy it themselves, as I'm not sure MM is a professionals only website! Correct me though, if I'm wrong about this x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app
I posted a big long answer to this question a while back ( maybe around page 23) This is a professional only product but no there is nothing stopping anyone form buying it and as others have said you can buy any of the well known brands of product just as easily on ebay.

What you are selling is your skills and ability and you can't buy that anywhere.

When I do nails I never say what i am using ( well i do now :) ) but I ask the client what she is looking for and what her requirements are and I choose the system and the technique and the best way to deliver what she is after.

So sell it as megamix the ultimate bespoke gel polish manicure, or peel the labels off the pot and hide it in your desk and keep it a secret.

A lot of what you are selling is about you, the products that you use ( cnd shellac gelish and now megamix ( wink) ) are all great but they don't jump out of the bottle and put themselves on the nail............. you do

So tell your clients how you are going to look after them how you are going to customize the service to suit their needs, how you are going to help them, how you are going to look after them and how you are going to take care of them.

then after convincing them how fabulous YOU are they will have no choice but to come back to YOU

Sell yourself not the product ........ that is always the best way to market...........

I posted a big long answer to this question a while back ( maybe around page 23) This is a professional only product but no there is nothing stopping anyone form buying it and as others have said you can buy any of the well known brands of product just as easily on ebay.

What you are selling is your skills and ability and you can't buy that anywhere.

When I do nails I never say what i am using ( well i do now :) ) but I ask the client what she is looking for and what her requirements are and I choose the system and the technique and the best way to deliver what she is after.

So sell it as megamix the ultimate bespoke gel polish manicure, or peel the labels off the pot and hide it in your desk and keep it a secret.

A lot of what you are selling is about you, the products that you use ( cnd shellac gelish and now megamix ( wink) ) are all great but they don't jump out of the bottle and put themselves on the nail............. you do

So tell your clients how you are going to look after them how you are going to customize the service to suit their needs, how you are going to help them, how you are going to look after them and how you are going to take care of them.

then after convincing them how fabulous YOU are they will have no choice but to come back to YOU

Sell yourself not the product ........ that is always the best way to market...........

Thank you Martin, that's a great Answer, I will sell it as a bespoke service and keep the name from them ;-) I obviously missed the answer before, I don't always get notifications on my phone and this thread is rather long now lol :D

THEY ARE IN THE SHOP NOW AND THEY ARE 60p along with empty 10ml white pots also 60p

Hi Martin when are the empty pots going to be available? I went to place an order for the empty bottles and pots but only bottles available and don't want to pay two lots of postage, so holding on for pots xx

Megamix with dessert poppy image.jpg

Megamix with dessert poppy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 249
Yes dessert poppy vinylux

Hi Martin when are the empty pots going to be available? I went to place an order for the empty bottles and pots but only bottles available and don't want to pay two lots of postage, so holding on for pots xx
its there in accessories, i listed it yesterday but maybe it did not show without a picture

THEY ARE IN THE SHOP NOW AND THEY ARE 60p along with empty 10ml white pots also 60p

Oh Martin!! I ordered my MM yesterday and never saw any empty bottles or pots... I did look at everything :(

Well I have just used my Mega Mix and I have to say, what an amazing product it is, so easy to mix, this is going to open up a whole load of opportunities :) I have marketed it as my own secret Custom Bespoke blend ;) I mixed a cheap blue polish and then used some other polishes mixed with it also as I didn't have all of the colours in Gelish xx

Attachments

• KK.jpg
    KK.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 347
Well I have just used my Mega Mix and I have to say, what an amazing product it is, so easy to mix, this is going to open up a whole load of opportunities :) I have marketed it as my own secret Custom Bespoke blend ;) xx

it is fab isn't it and yea loads of possibilities I did it today with some holo silver glitter looked awesome

it is fab isn't it and yea loads of possibilities I did it today with some holo silver glitter looked awesome

Do you have a picture? I'm doing this Wednesday :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

My friend let me experiment today. She was delighted with the results as normal varnish only lasts a few days on her. I really need a good brush though as mine was too big so I couldn't get as close to the nail base as I'd like :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394496219.890334.jpg

I had a go at mixing, found it easy to do and loved how true to the start polish the final colour was.

However... Trust me to make things difficult for myself, I used it as a smile line colour only and took my time painting with my left hand on myself (doing nail art and all). Anyways, while doing all of this the gel seems to dry out before I had a chance to finish, it became extremely thick and gloopy, it was really hard to apply at this point.

Soooo lesson learned for me... Mix just before use, and don't play about with art before finishing with it ;)

Please excuse my scruffy nails, my full time job isn't kind to my hands :/
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394524024.131355.jpg

Latest posts

Back