Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So not mixing but having a go at weekend/party nails using Megamix, well less tip and Cuccio Veneer top coat. Will keep you updated how long they last as there's no apex obviously.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1413057748492.jpg
    1413057748492.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 464
So not mixing but having a go at weekend/party nails using Megamix, well less tip and Cuccio Veneer top coat. Will keep you updated how long they last as there's no apex obviously.

Lovely. Can I ask what weekend/party nails are please? Xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Course you can :) they are simply a temporary short extension meant to last anything from the weekend to longer dependent upon how heavy handed you are. They don't have an apex so the structure isn't there to support like you get with a full nail enhancement, hence why they don't last long.

I have applied Pro Impressions well less white tips to a prepped nail, cut to size so that they aren't long and shaped the free edge. I then lightly buffed the tip and applied MM base coat to the whole nail and cured. I then applied 3 coats of Megamix making sure the application was smooth and cured each layer. I finished with my Cuccio Veneer top coat as it's super shiny, cured and they were done.

These are great for people that only want extensions for a short time or if you use a clear or natural tip you could extend the nail if 1 out of ten nails is broken. They're in no way a substitute for traditional enhancements, nor do they provide the same strength, but they'd be great for the party season coming up or brides that don't want a long term commitment.

Also these easily soak off in foil after 10-15 mins :)

I opted for these ones so hope they'll be ok as I needed urgently xx

I have these & use them with megamix - they've been great. x

Not to be a party pooper, but has anyone checked if their insurance is valid when they mix gels and pigments? I just wonder who would be responsible if there was a health issue.

As I understand the European Cosmetics directive, the person who blended the final product could be defined as the manufacturer.

Last edited:
Client is off to Spain so chose Megamix with Cuccio Elec-Trick for her holiday nails. Used white gel polish underneath to make the colour 'pop' xx

Attachments

• 1413755576278.jpg
    1413755576278.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 292
That's gorgeous! And one of my most favorite Cuccio colours. I bet she loved them!

That's gorgeous! And one of my most favorite Cuccio colours. I bet she loved them!

Thanks Happyfeet! She was very pleased with them, it's such a vibrant colour! Xx

New Nail Mail arrived :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1413899615246.jpg
    1413899615246.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 257
The bling mix is ace! I wear it without mixing anything with it too and its so shiney!

Loving the new black pots, very sexy!

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

Foes anyone else have problems with the pot oozing? I have the original white pot (don't know if it's changed to black yet?). I always wipe the threads as clean as I can, but it still seeps out and makes the whole pot sticky :(

It would be great if the pots had some kind of little inner lid like this maybe..?
9ynuve3a.jpg

Foes anyone else have problems with the pot oozing? I have the original white pot (don't know if it's changed to black yet?). I always wipe the threads as clean as I can, but it still seeps out and makes the whole pot sticky :(

It would be great if the pots had some kind of little inner lid like this maybe..?
9ynuve3a.jpg

I had this. I've stretched a Roo polish case foamy bit to fit it in so it now lays flat all the time and have had no issues since.
Not ideal if you can't store in that way though.

Meant to update my party nails, I got a week out of them, could have got longer but I had a breakage after being waaaay too heavy handed. I now have my next set on which are longer, I'm not expecting them to last too long because they are long, but we will see.

This is last weeks and this weeks :)

Attachments

• 1414156450264.jpg
    1414156450264.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 339
  • 1414156475395.jpg
    1414156475395.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 343
  • 1414156515227.jpg
    1414156515227.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 342
I'm doing rockstars this morning. I'd like full coverage and have way more Cuccio veneers than polishes so can the MM mixed with glitter go on top of a cured veneer layer or am I better doing it the original way and putting the glitter on my cured layer and leaving the MM out? I'm not sure about mixing different products on top of each other x

I'm doing rockstars this morning. I'd like full coverage and have way more Cuccio veneers than polishes so can the MM mixed with glitter go on top of a cured veneer layer or am I better doing it the original way and putting the glitter on my cured layer and leaving the MM out? I'm not sure about mixing different products on top of each other x

What I would do is do veneer in similar colour as a base and then mix Megamix with glitter and go over he top:)
The gels will be fine together ( compatible)
Martin :)

Megamix with Cuccio Romania After Dark x

Attachments

• 1415345002416.jpg
    1415345002416.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 236
Beautiful x

I was just having a thought ladies...

Would Megamix work with colour changing normal polish ? As in would the colour changing element remain?

I don't have any colour changing polishes but would love to know ! Xx

Here's a few recents xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415399546.539371.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415399574.189924.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415399602.724832.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415399639.878336.jpg

Latest posts

Back