Men!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah i couldnt agree more, its the most un attractive thing ever, a man who cant look after himself. i think its horrible. i only wish like u bagpuss i had layd down the rules when we first moved in2gether...
all these lovely men that are being spoken about... where did they come from? surely u had 2 pay for them, was 'housetrained' an optional extra that nobody told me about? i damn well wish somebody had told me x :irked:

to be honest i don't think you really find them this way (some of them anyway) you have to train them this way...like a new puppy :lol:

when Rob and I first moved in together he asked me after about a week if he had any clean underwear...i said..."no darling, and unless you learn how to use a washing machine I'm afraid you will never have any clean underwear...ahh did you think you had moved in with ya mam"

seems to have done the trick.
I'm with you 110% on this one... when my hubby lived at home all he had to do around the house was straighten his bed every morning and rinse out his mug before putting it on the side, his Dad would make him a fry up every morning for breakfast too!!!... that soon stopped when we moved in together :twisted: :lol: I can't complain since then, he's fab :D

edit to add: just noticed my signature... says it all really :wink2:

Last edited:
I'm lucky I think, my hubby has ALWAYS picked up after himself :D and he helps around the house too to help me out when I'm doing full time hours!

Ditto, he picks up after every one else better than himself though. If I'm away you can tell the house got a major skin deep tidy hours before I got back though so he doesn't keep up so much if I'm gone. He iron's too, I hate it but he stands engrossed in a film and zips through it, apparently he actually enjoys it :lol:

my hubby is a star...he is my rock...he will cook,clean and pick up after himself....if he can see i am knackered he would think nothing of cooking dinner doing housework.....
he lived on his own with step-son and son and this is why he is tidy...

kick the lazy ones out then let them back in.....they might change then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xx

This:
Nails Magazine - home

Life.
I pretend that this never happened, because when I let the past thoughts fill my brain, I get scared.

My guy can grind coffee beans and leave a mess. Leave his teaspoon and sugar on the counter/floor/anywhere. I just want him to be here so that I can have HIM.

I would do anything just to keep my best friend.

Last edited:
im sorry xx im sorry if this thread upset u, i know only 2 well how much it hurts 2 lose someone u love, i just needed 2 vent about my unhousetrained hubby. i no if something was 2 happen 2 him i would miss all of the 'annoying' things he does aswell as all of the good things. peoples imperfections are what make them special.
i think im gona give up on making threads. they just seem 2 upset people. i hope ur husband has recovered well x

Im sorry.
I was just trying to make the point that with all things, there has to be good with the bad.
:D

WHY Are you saying sorry this site is for us all of us to vent ask questions and be there i didn't see (and i can be wrong) Where you or anyone did something wrong

Most men, if given half a chance will be lazy and expect the womenfolk to cater to them.

NOT in this house:evil: H**L NO:!:

It's 50/50 and I'm NOBODY'S maid!!
Sometimes he lets some things slide, and I gotta kick his arse and remind him.
But no, it's a team effort here and he does his share.
Mind you, he doesn't like living in a mess any more than I do.
I guess I'm very lucky. Mind you, part of it is just me, being a biatch and insisting.. Also, he's the youngest of 5 kids, 3 of them older sisters.. so he was well broken in. Plus, both his parents worked full time and did the housework/childrearing tasks equally...

So, I'm sure that played a large part in his makeup.

I'm a full believer that they will take an inch for every mile given, just like a child.
I mean, honestly, if you had someone that without complaint would do everything for you, wouldn't you slack off a bit too?
HECK! I'd LOVE if someone did all the housecleaning for me
I'd be yelling 'GO FOR IT, CLEAN LIKE CRAZY, YEEEEHAAAAAAW'
lol:lol:

If your guy is taking you for granted, and not pulling his weight, put your foot down.

Like I told my hubby, "IF MY job doesn't end at 5, THEN NEITHER DOES YOURS!"

Recently, he has started letting me sleep in till 8 or 9 on Sundays, taking care of the kids brekky routine.
He got a huge wakeup call during the school months, when he took a week off, and saw for himself how insane my daily schedule is with getting the oldest off to school every morning, the youngest to and from prek 2x a week, clients in and out all day and night... chores, phone ringing of the hook and NOT for gossip either...
He stepped it up a notch when he realized I wasn' kidding when I said "it never stops and I never get to sit unless folding laundry".

OR
get desperate
and
GO ON STRIKE
that usually works:lol:

strike it is then!! i guess i am just 2 soft!

When I got married to my ex, we were given money as a wedding gift to buy a washing machine. Of course my ex thought we could just keep it, or use it for something else. Eventually he ran out of clothes (obviously as a woman I had more than him LOL). He put all his dirty clothes in a huge bag and said "There's a laundromat at the end of the street. It shouldn't be too difficult to use." Meaning I was to lug them down and do them. So, I said "That's good, you shouldn't have any problems then!"
Needless to say they didn't go to the laundry and we went out and bought a machine the next day. I still didn't do them. We both worked full time, so why shouldn't he do his own?
Marion x

when i met my daughters dad he wasn't house trained at all, way too much of a mummys boy

but i soon sorted him out, when he wouldn't clean up the house i would refuse to shop or cook!

within a week of moving in together he came round to my way of doing things

The way to a mans heart is through his back with a sharp knife.

must be in their genetic make-up alongside with toilet seats!
My Boyfriend actually puts it down and closes the lid if he sees the lid up it irritates him lol

My Boyfriend actually puts it down and closes the lid if he sees the lid up it irritates him lol

My significant other used to leave it up.
We argued incessantly about it.
My main points were 1) FALLING IN,in the middle of the night 2) didn't want cats or dogs drinking from it (then kissing me? EWWWW)

One night he wanted a cup of tea, I got up, went to the kitchen, fetched the kettle and went to the loo with it. He says to me "what are you going in there for?" I answered, straight faced and DEAD serious "you seem to think it's good enough for the cats to drink,so figured I'd make your tea with the toilet water".
BOTH seat AND lid have been down ever since.

:lol::lol:

The last guy I was with was an compulsive neat freak to the point of irritating me to no end whenever I left so much as an unwashed fork in the sink....but he was an all around PITA in all other areas of life.

Now, I have a beautiful man, that picks up....sometimes, and sometimes he doesn't, he leaves the dishes in the sink til they reach the ceiling after he has cooked or eaten....whatever, but he is the most valiant, loving, sincere man that God put on the face of the earth, but then I may be bias :) When he doesn't wash the dishes and leaves his pants wherever he takes them off and leaves socks strewn throughout the house, it irritates me, but you know what?

I wouldn't trade him for all the bleach in the Clorox factory! :D

whats the big deal about leaving the seat up?

if it's down, us guys have to put it up
and if it's up, your girls have to put it down

whats makes any sex better than the next ?

I agree, it makes no odds to me if its left up or down, its when there is wee all over the seat and floor for that matter when I start to get pi**ed!!!

I agree, it makes no odds to me if its left up or down, its when there is wee all over the seat and floor for that matter when I start to get pi**ed!!!

so leave the seat up :) and put it down when you need to.
Men have to put up with things from women also, we don't need a wastepaperbasket in the loo, we don't use as much paper.

Many peeps complain, when all they have to do is mention things before they become ingrained behaviour, rather than waiting to whinge about them.

Men don't hang panties off the shower rails, they don't leave little cellophane wrappers all over the place (or act like they have reversed over the pet dog) a few days a month and they don't flush things down the loo that shouldn't be flushed.

I guess it's just men that do the wrong things:)

Rob gets real :irked: if anyone leaves the loo seat up in our house.........his point it that we have 3 little girls in our house...(4 including me..:lol:) and little girls should not have to be touching and putting loo seats down.

Latest posts

Back