mentor data base?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IllumeGirl

Reaction score
I was reading through a old copy of nailpro where it mentioned beauty tech had a section for techs willing to mentor ( i can hear sam groaning:lol:)
But wouldn't it be cool? Even just add your name to this thread if you want to mentor..what do you think?
I have a few techs who i mentor (and do their nails:)) No big deal..just a sit and watch thing..great to pass on bad habits!
icon_wink.gif
JOKE!!!

I am only a student but i think something like this would be fantastic, for me i would benefit from being able to have some to ask questions of and to maybe even have some to look over my work before i submit it and give me any criticism needed so i can go back and re-work anything i might need to. It would be a great idea ffor when it comes to prac work aswell to have an outside point of view on things.

Dany

Isn't that what we all do here is critque and give answers to questions.? The only difference is that we are not one on one in person.

Isn't that what we all do here is critque and give answers to questions.? The only difference is that we are not one on one in person.
very true but nothing beats a 121...especially for new techs. Combining regular education, reading and mentoring..i think its powerful learning.

It is a great idea to do this as it sometimes needs to be seen instead of verbally explained. Just have to be careful i suppose that only experienced well trained techs would be mentoring.

I still see myself as learning as doing my Masters shortly, but after that, i wouldn't mind mentoring someone.

I'd be happy to mentor a newbie & I'd love someone more experienced than me as a mentor (no one like that around here though)

With a bit more experience under my belt i would be more than happy to mentor to newbies and give them a hand
I would also love the chance to have a mentor

it is great to bounce ideas around with peeps and helpful advise is always great no matter where you are in your career

I have offered two geeks the chance to come into my salon to watch and have a go if they want to and get some salon experience, still waiting for there company though but i understand that life gets in the way :hug:

Like someone has already said I would be more than happy to be a mentor for a newbie geek, but I would also love to have a mentor for myself to gain more experience.

Sorry I know this might sound cheeky but I would love to come to your salon Louise and see someone else at work. :hug::hug:

thanks for the positive replies..i am always happy to mentor and be mentored..learning never stops:)

Like someone has already said I would be more than happy to be a mentor for a newbie geek, but I would also love to have a mentor for myself to gain more experience.

Sorry I know this might sound cheeky but I would love to come to your salon Louise and see someone else at work. :hug::hug:
Your more than welcome to come over hun, all three of you could come over on the same day and we will have a nail party lol
seriously if you want to come over send me a pm and i will give you the address and number

I think this is a great idea, I would love to have someone mentor me and maby one day they would tell me that I was good enough to mentor someone else:lol::rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back