Metalix

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LolaBevahousen

Reaction score
So I've just got the new argues cattalog, flicking through it and came across this product my rio. Looks like minx, says it's activated like trendy nail warps with heat. Looks like the have a gold and silver lighting design and two others in the kit for £30.what do you think of this?

what do you think of this?
The same as everything else that's supposed to be professionally applied but aimed at the public...
The majority of those who buy it won't be able to apply it properly, they'll then get it into their heads that 'all' things similar (ie Minx) must be just as rubbish and 'we' (the pros) will have to do more client educating :rolleyes: and prove them wrong :green:

The same as everything else that's supposed to be professionally applied but aimed at the public...
The majority of those who buy it won't be able to apply it properly, they'll then get it into their heads that 'all' things similar (ie Minx) must be just as rubbish and 'we' (the pros) will have to do more client educating :rolleyes: and prove them wrong :green:

Sad but true.

I bought a spray tan kit by Rio from the argos a couple of years ago.(For myself only) Its says professional salon quality. It was nothing like and I took it back. The air compresser was a joke,I have blown faster air myself. lol. There is no way this will be like the real minx,:lol:

I never know why people ask these questions .. just buy Minx!! Minx are not dear ... where is the problem?

Every town has a pound shop and regular customers to use that pound shop. there is NOTHING wrong with this. It suits a purpose and I am not against pound shops.

What I am saying is that there will always be people who will want (for whatever reason, but usually financial) to do these things for themselves as cheap as they can. These people will rarely if ever come and get it done professionally, but there will be ones who will buy this kit and use it and sling it out .

These are the ones that think its easy peasy to do it, then they try and realise it isnt as easy as we make it look! those are the ones who will come back to you as their pound shop argos kit (at a staggering £30!!!) has not done the job that you can do!

I would not worry or care if argos are selling pound shop products, it goes to show how big this side of the industry has become and that its here to stay.

I actually feel sorry for them, they are £30 lighter .........

I never know why people ask these questions .. just buy Minx!! Minx are not dear ... where is the problem?

It's not a question between minx or the argos product, just a wonder on what people thought of just one more copy out there, and so widely so now.

To ne honest .... I never give it a thought.

I wouldn't sweat it, there have been home hair dyes for years. People still come for colour, because what we do is BETTER, and is seen as better by the public.
This cheapo stuff will just be viewed as the poor relation and fine for young girls that can't afford the real thing.

Latest posts

Back