Metallic nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perfect10NailsByZoe

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know where to buy the matalic powder for nails please?

I wouldn't bother - I have the metal manix silver from indigo nails and it's just a glorified very fine glitter. Certainly doesn't give the chrome effect advertised.

Ya but they only selling to USA for now.
You can email the sales guy ask him : [email protected]

If you're referring to the new powder that has recently taken the Internet by storm please be very careful and do your research first.

The one which is currently being talked about is 100% aluminium which when used in powder form is not only NOT approved but it's incredibly dangerous especially when inhaled which would be highly likely when applied with a brush.

If you're referring to the new powder that has recently taken the Internet by storm please be very careful and do your research first.

The one which is currently being talked about is 100% aluminium which when used in powder form is not only NOT approved but it's incredibly dangerous especially when inhaled which would be highly likely when applied with a brush.
I've been quite shocked by reactions to this.
It is stunning but I've seen few nail techs express concern about this product. They don't seem to care that it's in an unmarked container and who manufactures it as long as they can get it.
This isn't just like applying 'any old glitter' to your nails.
I had a rant about this the other day and I'm still upset that tech's that have thousands of followers on social media are showing this knowing the reaction that will follow

It is stunning but I've seen few nail techs express concern about this product. They don't seem to care that it's in an unmarked container and who manufactures it as long as they can get it.
I had a rant about this the other day and I'm still upset that tech's that have thousands of followers on social media are showing this knowing the reaction that will follow

It really doesn't surprise me at all, I keep wondering if the same people would use certain products even if they knew what was in them and they simply don't care, or of they are just ignorant and naive and don't realise what they put on their nails. :(

It really doesn't surprise me at all, I keep wondering if the same people would use certain products even if they knew what was in them and they simply don't care, or of they are just ignorant and naive and don't realise what they put on their nails. :(
I was shocked when I read the potential dangers of this product. The damage it can do to the lungs when those tiny particles are inadvertently inhaled is horrific.

However the fact that nail techs are blinded and enticed by something shiny doesnt surprise me, sadly it also doesn't surprise me that so many are willing to endanger themselves and their clients by not researching products nor ensuring they are of a quality suitable to use on the paying public.

I love beautiful, shiny nails as much as the next nail tech but I value my health and professional reputation far more.

I've had a reaction to using products that really scared me. It wasn't an extreme reaction but it was enough to make me very concerned. I'm hoping it won't get worse but why anyone would knowingly expose themselves to this is incomprehensible.

It worries me more there's someone selling this stuff on eBay with "cosmetics, nails, TOY making" in the description!!!

Until someone provides an MSDS I'll stick to foils (no pun intended)

Young Nails Caption Polish called 'Rewind Repeat' is pretty metallic looking with a good top coat. I'm sure other brands do similar. No need for harmful powders!!

Oh lovely, titanium dioxide in a powder. I'd make sure I use this product very carefully with an appropriate dust extractor. Titanium Dioxide dust when inhaled is classed as a carcinogen. Just please be careful and use at your own best judgement.

Oh this is a bit alarming as its being advertised as safe to use on nails & skin.....cosmetic grade, I'm confused now as the the sheets also say non hazardous?

Last edited:
I personally wouldn't use it, but in the end it's up to you. It won't be harmful on the nail, but will be if the dust gets in the air and you or your client breathes it in. In the end its completely up to you though.

Many facial cosmetics contain titanium dioxide x

Many facial cosmetics contain titanium dioxide x

they do, its a very common pigment, this particular product up to 13% of it, but non the less a carcinogen when inhaled.

Was going to mention Sarah R video with the magpie dusts you but me to it! I need to buy a no wipe top coat though, any recommendations?

Latest posts

Back