Mica powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow great colours! Wanted neon for ages. How do you do this, brush in abc over gel? Do you get enough on brush that way?

I have the best luck mixing them into Gel then applying. I use Brisa. Don't go more then 1/3 additve to 2/3 gel. You usually don't need that much. I'm still working on burnishing them the sticky layer, they will lift and chip at times.

This may be a daft question but are all mica powders pearlescent? I'm looking for flat/matte colours in white, neons and brights. Are there any particular brands that anyone uses to achieve this? MAC perhaps?

I already have all additives and use them lots but so many of my clients hate any sort of shimmer to their colours and I'm struggling to achieve that with the Shellac colours without having to get another brand in.

Hi Belle Vie

Not sure if you've found what you're looking for yet, but I found some great flat, bright, neon powders from glitterarty on ebay. Yet to try them out on real nails yet, just my display fan! xx

Attachments

• photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 473
  • PicsArt.jpg
    PicsArt.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 497
Hi Belle Vie

Not sure if you've found what you're looking for yet, but I found some great flat, bright, neon powders from glitterarty on ebay. Yet to try them out on real nails yet, just my display fan! xx

These are stunning, exactly what I've been looking for thanks so much! x

Hi Belle Vie

I also tried some neon powders from glitterarty and they turned out lovely, coming up to my first week with them on my own nails and there wearing well, the glow in the dark neon are on there way to me :)

I gave her some feedback and she asked if she could use my pic, its not me selling them :)

Neon Powder for mixing with Acrylic Nail Powder PINK YELLOW GREEN ORANGE | eBay
She sells them in a pack of 6 too which work out cheeper.
Here's a pic of what they look like ...

Attachments

• Shellac neon Ombre.jpg
    Shellac neon Ombre.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,438
I've got a reoccurring problem with my mica gels overlays :(
They chip or rub off at the tip area, not the gel, just the mica!?
Lost confidence in using them, any Ida's what's causing this abc how too fix? X

Try sealing them with a clear coat, so if using Shellac clearly pink works well, and then finish with top coat, I find it gives more protection and stops the wear, and be extra vigilant when sealing the free edge.

I also tried some neon powders from glitterarty and they turned out lovely, coming up to my first week with them on my own nails and there wearing well, the glow in the dark neon are on there way to me :)

I gave her some feedback and she asked if she could use my pic, its not me selling them :)

Oh wow! That's your pic.. It's gorgeous! I absolutely love them. Glad to hear they are wearing well on your nails. And 6 quid for 6 is such a good deal too!

Hi Belle Vie

Hi I got these powders a week ago. Gonna have a play with them. These look gorgeous !! X

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Belle Vie

Hi parmaviolet can I ask what you used under the neon powders ? X thanks

Hi parmaviolet can I ask what you used under the neon powders ? X thanks

2x Cream Puff. Also tried the orange, pink and hot pink powders over Tropix, Lobster Roll and Rosebud. You get a beautiful orange from Tropix!! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376679764.106823.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376679778.401245.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376679837.513831.jpg

I ordered the neons along with a few other bits from glitterarty. I put my eBay mica powders into retirement a while ago as i mainly use CND additives now but these caught my eye! Looking forward to trying them out

loving these powders. xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1377114404647.jpg
    1377114404647.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 639
Try sealing them with a clear coat, so if using Shellac clearly pink works well, and then finish with top coat, I find it gives more protection and stops the wear, and be extra vigilant when sealing the free edge.

So just putting top over isn't enough? I haven't got clearly pink don't use cnd. Maybe ill try a later of my base over then top. X

It seems I am following you around Loveleelady!

I am desperate to create those neon nails!!

Has anyone got a link to true neon powders that they have tried and tested? I dont mean just bright or bold I need neon!
I found the "creator" ;-)
That is, she says she made this mani and pedi with nailpolish an a gel topcoat over it.

Ooh just ordered these!! Thanks for sharing link!! :) xx

Has anyone used these mixed with clear acrylic?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm gonna call them "powder puff nails" as it sounds cute and girlie

I'm gonna try them out with hard gel and I was told they work best scrubbed into white (gel or shellac) so gonna have a little play at the weekend if I get time x

Powder puff nails sound fab x

Sooo much you can do with micas love them x

I've just ordered some Mica's to try and i can't wait. I havent used Additives or anything like that yet, so i can't wait to try out all the designs.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383438328.610735.jpg these are CND Shellac with CND Black Additives applied with a fanbrush

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back