Micro ring experts - reassurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuzzyBee12

Reaction score
Hi,

I spend most of my time on nails but looking for some hair reassurance today if anyone can help?

I had micro ring extensions at the weekend and right now I hate them and want them out. They are hurting a bit in the night and when I press my head, but I'm told this is normal and will subside.

My biggest fear is the state of my hair when they come out. I've seen people saying their roots were like dreads and matted and needed cutting. I'm also worrying about traction alopecia and tying my hair up in a high ponytail and things. Worried I'm pulling the roots backwards and putting stress on them.

Was so upset about it all yesterday and thinking I just need to get them out.

Can anyone reassure me to stick with it?

Hi hun I think your hearing unneeded horror stories yes you will get slight matting but his is due to your own natural hair shedding, asking as you follow aftercare spot in you should be fine you usually get discomfort for a couple of days after getting them fitted

But does the matting just brush out? I've read about dreadlocks and all sorts! Also scared to put it in a high pony in case it puts tension on my roots.

Hi hun I think your hearing unneeded horror stories yes you will get slight matting but his is due to your own natural hair shedding, asking as you follow aftercare spot in you should be fine you usually get discomfort for a couple of days after getting them fitted
Thank you. I'm a worrier and just having a wobble as I'm going abroad next week.

I wore micro rings for a couple of years pretty much continuously and what you're describing is perfectly normal for a week or so. I also found that it hurt my head to wear the hair up high and only ever wore low pony tails which was a bit annoying tbh. The matting did just brush out, don't panic :)

Gotta admit though I've now switched over to wearing nano rings and they're a dream in comparison to micro rings, I didn't realise how much micros did irritate me until I change, I do have a sensitive head though :D

It's perfectly normal for them to feel uncomfortable for the first few days as they are a foreign object in your hair it's like sleeping with a clip in you hair, as for the matting/ dreadlocks they are horror stories from people that haven't followed the correct aftercare, as long as you follow the right after care you won't get matting like that, make sure you run your fingers through the bonds daily to prevent any dead hair that has fallen out but trapped in the bead from matting together, as said never wear your hair up high specially in the first few weeks, as long as they have been fitted correctly you won't get traction alopecia,

Latest posts

Back