Micro ring maintenance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was taught that you can as long as they are moved up regularly to stop tension xxx

That cheap how long does it take you to add all new rings.:-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

A long time! Lol. With loops, I push them up, with the way I pinch the rings, I can't push them up, they just need replaced. So I brush out and matt and refit.

I know I'm totally underselling myself! But it's enough for me :)

I was taught not to put rings in fine hair

Yip me too ,so I just don't ,also people are really laps at coming in for maintenance so it would be a nightmare :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I request clients come back for a free a check up at two weeks this appointment is free and lasts about 20-30 mns to go over any issues they are having, if any need replacing I do this for free.

At six weeks they need a maintenance and I charge £55 if any microrings need replacing or have slipped or come out these are replaced, I check the micro rings all over, remove matting if there is any.

At ten or eleven weeks I start rotation and eithe remove the sides or back dependant on which have grown first or need replacing, so if the back needs doing first I will remove all the microrings and then put new microrings and hair in and I try never to put a micro ring on the same s grand of hair, so I will start a little higher or a little lower my sectioning might be slightlY different price for rotation is £85 if matting has occurred it increases.

Couple weeks later client returns for another rotation appointment and the hair which has been removed from the back will then be retipped and go in the sides hence the rotation name. It then arrives on rotating every six weeks or so.

I request clients come back for a free a check up at two weeks this appointment is free and lasts about 20-30 mns to go over any issues they are having, if any need replacing I do this for free.

At six weeks they need a maintenance and I charge £55 if any microrings need replacing or have slipped or come out these are replaced, I check the micro rings all over, remove matting if there is any.

At ten or eleven weeks I start rotation and eithe remove the sides or back dependant on which have grown first or need replacing, so if the back needs doing first I will remove all the microrings and then put new microrings and hair in and I try never to put a micro ring on the same s grand of hair, so I will start a little higher or a little lower my sectioning might be slightlY different price for rotation is £85 if matting has occurred it increases.

Couple weeks later client returns for another rotation appointment and the hair which has been removed from the back will then be retipped and go in the sides hence the rotation name. It then arrives on rotating every six weeks or so.

Thats a very good way of doing things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have clients on rotation appointment for a good few years and they have had no hair loss or anything

I have clients on rotation appointment for a good few years and they have had no hair loss or anything

Hiya great advice so can I ask the 12 week rotation are you taking out old - for brand new hair ? Then saving the old hair for retipping next time ?

How often are you seeing your client then - every 6 weeks?

Hi
Yes the hair is removed and new hair is fitted and then the old hair is retipped and it continues like that every six weeks

Hi
Yes the hair is removed and new hair is fitted and then the old hair is retipped and it continues like that every six weeks

I think I might just take a leaf and look at this routine!

When you get a minute if you could send me the video you did of your tipping i would really appreciate it as i feel it is something i need to start doing now for my premium range and would love some advice!

love the idea of rotation! and have been thinking about adding this to my services. how much do you charge for it?

for micro ring repositioning i charge £60, and offer this every 6-8 weeks

this sounds good, so is it £85 plus the cost if new hair initially, then after the next appointment just £85 each time, and the client in effect owns 2 sets of extensions? xxx

If they need new hair then thats extra and £85 for the rotation but if they have matting or it takes me longer then the price increases, my clients rarely buy new hair as they always have enough at the intital fitting.

If they need new hair then thats extra and £85 for the rotation but if they have matting or it takes me longer then the price increases, my clients rarely buy new hair as they always have enough at the intital fitting.

fab thankyou.
I think I will start offering this service, try get clients buying better quality hair that will last! my problem is there are so many cowboys around that people genuinely think that getting only 3 months out of hair is great.... I'm trying to convert as many people as possible to better quality!!
talking of which - what would your opinion be on the Russian hair planet range? I know its never going to be as good as say Tasha Jacks but baby steps in the right direction for my clients!!!

I have just seen the post on here about the russian hair at Hair Planet, I cant really comment as I have never purchased any from there but i suppose it could be trialled.

I have just seen the post on here about the russian hair at Hair Planet, I cant really comment as I have never purchased any from there but i suppose it could be trialled.

thankyou for replying. yup, looks like I will be wearing it soon as a test run!

I do a free maint appointment included with my fitting at 6-8 weeks, this only includes trim, separation and the hairline bonds/slipped bonds moved. Extra hair charged at £30/pack, and further maint appointments £50 with 1 pack of hair or £90 for complete re-positioning.

Work out what you need to charge per hour the charge an hourly rate,

Hi there, I just wondered if you do this process for bonded hair too or just micro rings? Also when you retip the original bond and snip off the old bond, does this make the hair then look uneven overall or do you give it a trim?

Hi
I do it for any method.

when you refit the hair extensions, are you supposed to re-tip the hair?
i was never taught this. only to replace the micro-ring after 3 months?

Latest posts

Back