Micro Ring or Bonded?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah88

Reaction score
Hey!

I'm a skin geek but i am really interested in getting some hair extensions! Have been researching online and i came across micro ring extensions and i was just wondering if someone could explain what they are? are they better than bonded?

If i were to have extensions what would you recommend i go for? any particular brand? I want to get professional advice on this and not go to some cowboy extensionist who could potentially ruin my hair...

I've never had extensions before so need lots of tips please :)

Just do lots of research and try to go for as many consultations you possibly can!
Both systems have their merits. The micro rings are good for anyone who may be irritated by bonds (I have known a few clients to be allergic to ext. bonds). They work better for clients who have stronger, thicker hair. If the hair breaks easy or is very fine, then micro rings may not be suitable.They can put more pressure on the hair and are more visible than other systems.

Bonded systems can be tailored for thin and thick hair types and blend very naturally at the point of attachment.

Both systems take maintaining well and regularly. I personally prefer the bonded method as I like that bit of space between the hair and the scalp. Micro rings are attached at the root; this I feel doesn't give much movement when you wash your hair, tie it back, etc.

It really is down to personal preference and what suits one person doesn't automatically suit another. :)

i think i am more drawn to the bonded ones, how much can i expect to pay for a full head? i am going for length more than thickness, maybe bra strap length? are there any particular brands that you could recommend? my friend has racoon extensions and she rates them pretty highly and i have just called a salon who do 'great lengths' extensions. Also, are there any brands that i should avoid? Does anyone know of any good extensionists in the Bath/Bristol area?

You are probably going to get a sea of replies of what ones to choose!

Price can vary from area to area. In the North you would expect to pay £350 upwards. I don't know if this increases vastly the further South you go.

In our salon we use Balmain double hair. It's great for first timers to extensions as they are easy to wear and care for.

Latest posts

Back