Micro Rings - Angel Remy Ring Size - Where do you buy yours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carol_uk

Reaction score
I recently completed training on hair extensions with studio58 and now at the stage of getting ready to practice on real people :)

I ordered hair from AngelRemy (after researching best affordable hair with good reputation. Was going to buy studio58 but AngelRemy came in cheaper)
The micro rings are so expensive on the supplier websites, and found they are much cheaper on ebay. So I ordered some 5mm rings.

Only when they got here I see they are bigger than the ones I was supplied with on the course and the sample rings from Angel. On studio58 webiste they say 5mm rings so Im wondering why these are bigger.... is it maybe 4.5mm i should be buying?

Also where do you buy your rings? Are ebay ones ok? Surely they are all pretty much standard?

Thank you xx

I use both 5 and 4.5 ,iv have rings for all over the place never actually found much difference in quality and they all seem to keep there colour too :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you lynn, I tested with the itip inserted into the ring in the hair and with the smaller ring it was much tighter, but with the 5mm ring i got from ebay it seemed easy to pull down and not snug on insertion of the hair. I dont want to fit them in for a full head when the 4.5mm would maybe give better results.... but i was going to fit the hair tomorrow and with it being sunday i dont think i can get rings elsewhere !!
I checked sallys and capital but dont think they sell them :( x

Hmmm now im confused, just looked at another sample bag of rings from AngelRemy and the Blonde rings (which is the colour i got on the 5mm ebay rings) are identical to the ebay ones i bought.
The black rings are idential to the studio58 ones I got in training that are smaller ..... confused.com !! Maybe it shouldnt make much difference but surley the less room there is in the ring the tighter they will be ? x

As long as you take enough hair through and give them a very good squeeze, should be fine, was it angel 20" the tip are small, I keep both sizes because it depends on the hair tips vary in size :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

No its the 18" The tips are slim so I think this is why the ring feels so big as there isnt much difference in size to the eye but its when the hair is in there. I dont know weither to hold off and get the 4.5mm incase it makes a difference xx

Latest posts

Back