Micro rings help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG really!!! Thanks for that, so you replace each micro ring at maintenance appt, I am so pleased I found this forum!!
I was taught by belle:-((
Thanks so much I'm new to this but want to be the best I can be!!!x

I was taught the same to simply slide them up. Was trained by belle also!

I was also taught the same thing! Also by Belle.

I figured out pretty quick that sliding it back up just doesn't work!

I was taught the same with Belle, I have used their method a few times and then through trial and error tweaked what they taught me! I was told to always leave about 1cm of stick tip above rings and when doing maintenance open ring and pull up closer to the root! Tried to keep in touch ad send case studies but heard nothing back since I attended the course! x

It's quite worrying really!!! I've only done a few maintenance appts which has been on family thank god, i found it difficult to just move them up so actually replaced lots of them but thought it was just lack of experience!! How did you find the course otherwise??x

It's quite worrying really!!! I've only done a few maintenance appts which has been on family thank god, i found it difficult to just move them up so actually replaced lots of them but thought it was just lack of experience!! How did you find the course otherwise??x

I thought the same. Had two "problem maintenance" appointments in one day last week(same house) and felt like a complete beginner by the end of them! Too many of their rings had simply slipped out. (Maintenance was good) I know I clamped firm enough as I double clamped it all to make sure. Ordered new pliers and rings today. Their hair is naturally thin so I suggested maybe having keratin bonds next time which I need to practise in!
So reading these threads makes me think it's not just their natural hair :(

It was ok but I don't have anything to compare it to extension wise. Wish there was a catch up one you had to go to six months later though. Still not as confident as I'd like but will keep going! Another blonde micro ring set on Friday and fretting.

I thought the same. Had two "problem maintenance" appointments in one day last week(same house) and felt like a complete beginner by the end of them! Too many of their rings had simply slipped out. (Maintenance was good) I know I clamped firm enough as I double clamped it all to make sure. Ordered new pliers and rings today. Their hair is naturally thin so I suggested maybe having keratin bonds next time which I need to practise in!
So reading these threads makes me think it's not just their natural hair :(

It was ok but I don't have anything to compare it to extension wise. Wish there was a catch up one you had to go to six months later though. Still not as confident as I'd like but will keep going! Another blonde micro ring set on Friday and fretting.

I know I feel the same!! Practice makes perfect I suppose!!
I've only done micro rings but have a friend with fine hair which same as you I suggested going for bonded next time as she's loosing more than I thinks normal.
Nervous about doing bonded for first time as I think once they're in they're in!!
No room for error eeek!!!
I'm feeling more confident in micro rings as fitted my mam with set which she's had in for 3/12 and she has hardly lost any so think my technique is right.
How do you find blending them?? I sometimes struggle with shorter layers to blend them in!!! :))

I know I feel the same!! Practice makes perfect I suppose!!
I've only done micro rings but have a friend with fine hair which same as you I suggested going for bonded next time as she's loosing more than I thinks normal.
Nervous about doing bonded for first time as I think once they're in they're in!!
No room for error eeek!!!
I'm feeling more confident in micro rings as fitted my mam with set which she's had in for 3/12 and she has hardly lost any so think my technique is right.
How do you find blending them?? I sometimes struggle with shorter layers to blend them in!!! :))

Snap! So nice to not feel alone! (Sorry extension pros)
I'm the same I have a friend who's have stayed in really well and the one I'm doing Friday has very similar hair so trying to be positive but nervous!
Not too bad but I have lots of cutting experience from being a hairdresser so that does help (I personally think-know to different hair). But iv not done any with very short hair/layers yet. Was taught 6cm is the shortest you should fit on x

Snap! So nice to not feel alone! (Sorry extension pros)
I'm the same I have a friend who's have stayed in really well and the one I'm doing Friday has very similar hair so trying to be positive but nervous!
Not too bad but I have lots of cutting experience from being a hairdresser so that does help (I personally think-know to different hair). But iv not done any with very short hair/layers yet. Was taught 6cm is the shortest you should fit on x

Everybody has to be a newbie at some point I suppose just wish I wasn't lol!!
I'm not a hairdresser so yeah I'm sure that helps with the blending.
Yeah I was taught the same the lady had just above shoulder hair but really thick hair with shorter layers at top!! I think with the blending I'm just weary about razoring too much!!
Keep me posted in how your getting on:))

Everybody has to be a newbie at some point I suppose just wish I wasn't lol!!
I'm not a hairdresser so yeah I'm sure that helps with the blending.
Yeah I was taught the same the lady had just above shoulder hair but really thick hair with shorter layers at top!! I think with the blending I'm just weary about razoring too much!!
Keep me posted in how your getting on:))

You too we can do this!! :)

OMG really!!! Thanks for that, so you replace each micro ring at maintenance appt, I am so pleased I found this forum!!
I was taught by belle:-((
Thanks so much I'm new to this but want to be the best I can be!!!x

Mail me if you need any help x

Ah great advice thanks girls! I've done quite a few people now trying loads if techniques just seeing what last best really, I've found nano rings are great for being discreet but just not practical for the client needing a refit every 6 weeks and costly as it's more maintenance. Always like the silicone micro rings but a bit bulky, just got the plain copper tubes in mine now and a friends to try out and they don't budge! But will see how I get on and if they last 3 months or not! I bought some shrinkies but think they will just come out!? So hard to decide what to use on my client with very fine hair who has had the nano rings but just problems with them, would you recommend the copper tube stick tips as a second option for visibility?
Sorry to go on but so helpful on here! Thanks guys! Xx

Ah great advice thanks girls! I've done quite a few people now trying loads if techniques just seeing what last best really, I've found nano rings are great for being discreet but just not practical for the client needing a refit every 6 weeks and costly as it's more maintenance. Always like the silicone micro rings but a bit bulky, just got the plain copper tubes in mine now and a friends to try out and they don't budge! But will see how I get on and if they last 3 months or not! I bought some shrinkies but think they will just come out!? So hard to decide what to use on my client with very fine hair who has had the nano rings but just problems with them, would you recommend the copper tube stick tips as a second option for visibility?
Sorry to go on but so helpful on here! Thanks guys! Xx

hi :) I have been using lined shrinkies for years and never have a problem with loosing any, I find them much better than micro rings..although if you are using normal shrinkies ( without the keratin lining ) I can totally see where your coming from. the shrinkies are quiet big so on clients with fine hair I tend to cut the shrinkies in half making them smaller and less noticeable. I also like the copper tubes too although for me they never normally last the 3 months before I do maintenance. xx

Hi, I'm only in Mansfield if there's any help I can give you shout up :)
Ive been doing extensions since 2005/2006 and Ive just just about every method out there, its completely mind blowing stepping into the extension world isn't it.. :)

Hi, I'm only in Mansfield if there's any help I can give you shout up :)
Ive been doing extensions since 2005/2006 and Ive just just about every method out there, its completely mind blowing stepping into the extension world isn't it.. :)

Thankyou so much that's so kind of you :)

Aw thanks yes so many options! So where do you recommend to buy your hair and lined shrinkies from? I've been ordering from hair planet and HAIRTRADE and sometimes is a bit knotty on mine? Xx

Latest posts

Back