Micro teach PTLLS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I have watched the YouTube video I was hoping to make mine a little more interesting than that I have a few men in the class

Xx

I did face painting, mine had to be non industry related but wanted to keep it practical, went down a storm!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did twist and plaiting- the difference etc, worksheets handouts - include web links etc x

On my micro teach I did nail art and different types... Was fun and everyone enjoyed it, wow was I stressed building up to it, mine was 5 to be done out of 10, but I passed and passed my PTLLS, worth all the hard work.

Hey ladies.
I know this thread finished back in March but I am just doing my PTLLS online course now and have my micro teach next Wednesday I am really nervous about it. I am thinking of doing nail art or file & polish does anyone have any good tips?

Thanks

I've done my micro teach v nerve wracking, try and make it as student based learning as possible use most of the time for them to explore with their own ideas guidance still needed from you but student lead learning is the best as they help each other to grow..... I did mixing oils to make a bath oil and they were able to take their own home with them :) hth any further info you need more than happy to help x

When I did my PTTLS micro teach within the group, we found that the ones that included the learners with practical tasks or demos were the most popular. Plan well - timings, handouts, practical equipment, samples.. Take a deep breath & remember the rest of your group are also feeling the same nerves before each micro teach session. Don't rush through, don't talk to quickly or too quietly. Eye contact - don't look at the floor! Remember to enjoy the experience. I must admit I was so nervous before mine but once I was in full flow I really started to enjoy myself & the time just flew past. x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you so much. I think I am defiantly going to include a bit of practical. Just slightly concerned any men the group won't be interested in learning to paint a nail! :rolleyes: it so nerve racking never done anything like it before. I don't even know where to start with the lesson plan!

Thanks again ladies

I done mine 3 weeks ago now I done nail art! It went down great even with the men. Stay simple don't try and cram too many learning outcomes or u will lose your track. Maybe have 2 and leave it at that! I was nervous when I was setting up all I kept saying to myself throughout was 'I know exactly what I'm talking about, I know my subject' by the time I had things set up and was introducing the topic my nerves had gone xx

I've just recently completed mine. I did my micro teach as if it was week 3 recapped the previous weeks a&p and moved onto the practical. We did hand & arm massage. I demonstrated on a model whilst the students copied. They then swapped and I observed & answered questions.
Just remember to breath, smile & that you know your stuff :)
Good luck

Thank you so much. I think I am defiantly going to include a bit of practical. Just slightly concerned any men the group won't be interested in learning to paint a nail! :rolleyes: it so nerve racking never done anything like it before. I don't even know where to start with the lesson plan!

Thanks again ladies

I had mainly men in my group and they loved it! They were asking for more nail pops & colours. Just go for it x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can I ask what company/group did people do PTLLS through? I've tried city and guilds but they aren't helping, I'm based in Scotland 😊 thanks x

I did mine at my local college. x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ah ok that's a good idea of skipping some lessons and recapping. I am going to start my lesson plan tomorrow so will see how I get on! Thanks again

Latest posts

Back