Microdermabrasion?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelle.123

Reaction score
:confused: hi guys I'm looking into microdermabrasion and not sure what sort to go for, I have trained in dimond peel microdermabrasion and do prefer it to the crystals ones, I've seen some on eBay but not sure if they would be any good, can anyone help?! Thanks

Have you not looked at a few professional suppliers and sought demonstrations to get a feel for the machine and the results?

I know i'm probably biased but systems from Ebay are not guaranteed to be provided in good working condition and will also probably be without a valid warranty.

I'm happy to provide you with further information on both machines but i'd certainly recommend you do further research before making the jump. Maybe any other Salon Geeks can be of further assistance here? :)

:confused: hi guys I'm looking into microdermabrasion and not sure what sort to go for, I have trained in dimond peel microdermabrasion and do prefer it to the crystals ones, I've seen some on eBay but not sure if they would be any good, can anyone help?! Thanks

I do diamond-head microdermabrasion and it is easily one of the favourite treatments that I perform. I personally feel that if you are going to invest in your business then you need decent equipment and proper support from a reputable manufacturer supplier.

I own the Carlton Chroma-Peel which wasn't cheap (around £1700) but Carlton are a fabulous company to work with and their machinery is rock solid. I would also suggest that you take a look at House of Faimur and their diamond-head microdermabrasion machinery (Skinmate I think). They are a bit cheaper than Carlton but the machines are of good quality and the after-sales support from HOF is great.

I know it's tempting to buy cheap equipment off Ebay but I really believe that ultimately you get what you pay for and it is a false economy. I have nothing against Ebay and buy a few bits and pieces now and then but would never contemplate buying obscure branded equipment from unknown suppliers....for all you know, the equipment may not be calibrated properly, have incorrect electricity output or even be unsafe to use.....with diamond-head you have to be certain that the diamond-particles are properly set and smoothed off so you don't take someone's face off!!! Personally, I wouldn't risk it!!

HTH
PB
x

Thank you for your replys il look into it further x

have you looked at 'skin base'? its a company who give you machine and also gives you training and crystals when you need them at no extra cost. its pay-as-you-go so if you use it you pay, if you dont use it you dont have to pay, there's no contract and if youre not happy with it you can just give it back. and no set up fee.
ive been using it for 1 year now and im happy with it and so are my clients. hope this helps
x

I went for crystal clear microdermabrasion and I'm not that impressed!! I did a client a course of 6 treatments one week apart took before and after photos and there was no difference! To had it long and on my second hand piece! The first one that I receive looked used it was all scratched so when I did my training the trainer said she would take it back with her and get a new one sent out so I would get it on Monday ready to do my clients ...c'mon day came no delivery so I ran up and said they would have a look and check .... Tuesday came nothing, I rand and told them I had a client book in on thursday and was told it was put on a pre 10am delivery so I would get it Wednesday before 10! ... Nothing came on Wednesday grrrrr! So rang up again pretty annoyed now! In the end I got it the next Monday and apparently they had sent it to another salon with a similar name!!! :s our salon has a very unique name so I found that very hard to believe.

After all the money I spent with them I wish I hadn't!!! I would go for diamond tip!

Latest posts

Back